• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon Store able to Push update upon request?

I didn't include animals to talk to because that would be a disrespect to them. At least they have an excuse for not understanding.

Thank you for causing me to gigglesnort at work. :p And my dogs understand about 50% of the time. I think my 3yr old does a better job at ignoring my requests, usually responding with a "huh?" "what?" "I don't want to" and so on.

Upvote 0
I seriously hope you didn't bribe someone who imposed as an tech for Verizon to put the update on your phone. If that's true you deserve it for being so impatient. Ahhh...new yorkers....gotta luv em. Telling the impatient ones on here to either wait or root their phone is like talking to a piece of paper, empty bottle, dirt, a fan. Basically what I am saying is that it's pointless talking to them. I didn't include animals to talk to because that would be a disrespect to them. At least they have an excuse for not understanding.

Theres no reason to profile us New Yorkers. I do however think he was being sarcastic. I take it you didn't catch it.

Upvote 0
Theres no reason to profile us New Yorkers. I do however think he was being sarcastic. I take it you didn't catch it.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. When I said new yorkers I was talking about those who are good at ripping people off. Every state has them but when you talk about one from NY we know they're very good at it.

Upvote 0
I went to my Verizon store in NY and paid this guy Bruce $100 to push Froyo to my Incredible. He said I would have it by the time I got home. Well, I went home and waited like 3 hours and never got it. When I went back to the store, they said "Bruce who?". Now what do I do?
hahahahhahahaaaaaahahaahhhahahahahahahahahahahahbahfdfhdufewifhahah

Upvote 0
Has anyone tried to go into a Verizon store and asked them to put froyo on it? I wonder if they'd do it if you went in and simply asked.

What's the big stink about this? Say you do go into Verizon and get the update, ok. You really couldn't wait 2 more days?

The reason this won't happen is a couple of things. No one is special, no one gets better treatment than anyone else. Meaning, as Verizon has stated, the OTA updates are pushed in random order. Also, at this time, Verizon cannot physically install the update, they may however down the road be able to tell the system to push the update to your phone. There is already a thread about this in full swing as well. This will be deleted or merged, in due time.

Upvote 0
What's the big stink about this? Say you do go into Verizon and get the update, ok. You really couldn't wait 2 more days?

The reason this won't happen is a couple of things. No one is special, no one gets better treatment than anyone else. Meaning, as Verizon has stated, the OTA updates are pushed in random order. Also, at this time, Verizon cannot physically install the update, they may however down the road be able to tell the system to push the update to your phone. There is already a thread about this in full swing as well. This will be deleted or merged, in due time.

Sorry, didn't realize I was "causing a stink," there's a difference between asking a question and complaining.

Also, I didn't see the other thread; delete this one.

Upvote 0
Sorry, didn't realize I was "causing a stink," there's a difference between asking a question and complaining.

Also, I didn't see the other thread; delete this one.

There is no need to apologize my friend. I wasn't giving you a hard time about the thread, just very kindly stating that there was one already in full swing so this would most likely be merged or deleted. Also, I was kidding about the "big stink" I didn't think you would take to heart. This is an open forum and no one is better than anyone else. And were did "there's a difference between asking a question and complaining." come from. I never said you were complaining about anything. Peace and Love.

Upvote 0
What's the big deal, its a valid question. There's plenty of other phones that you have to take to VZW to get your software updated. I'm sure he was thinking MAYBE they have the Froyo software updates on their computers and can install it on my phone upon request. Doesn't seem like he's causing a "stank" to me.

The whole point of these forums are to help people.

Upvote 0
Despite what I have heard, i do believe that some people can get the update pushed to a customers phone. I do not believe that store employees can (I believe BerryDroid) do it.

Just my opinion, if I was impatient, I would try and find out.

I MIGHT be getting a replacement on Tuesday, I am very interested if it will come with 2.2

Upvote 0
I went into a VZW store today to get something on my wife's phone fixed. The manager said their demo Incredibles got the OTA update message this morning. I would have thought the demos would have gotten it a few days ago. I did ask him about getting it pushed and he said the same as the people above said, that they don't have the capability to do it.

On a side note, first time I have seen the Droid X... my god that is a beast. How does that even fit in people's pockets.

Upvote 0
I filtered through this thread, didnt read every post but ill tell you, i work for verizon(as i say time and time again) and we cannot push software updates. Nor can we hook your phone to our computer and load it, because for pda's we arent aloud to do it because of security reasons(as least in my region(New york metro, nj, pa,NY))

1-2 weeks on the push sounds right to get about eveyrone. There was nothing sent out on my end about a delay in the push. I wish I could get the figures, but im gonna guess over 300k of these were sold since launch.

You are correct the stores cannot re-initiate the ota download. you can go to your settings on the phone and check for software manually bt no re- pushing the ota download

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones