• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon told me NO 2.2 EVER for FASCINATE!

Kinda weird that they would suggest that....but regardless there isn't a totally usable froyo build to flash yet anyway

That suggestion came to me from a floor rep at the Verizon store when I was in there to get a case for my Eris. Some of those guys are pretty savvy about those things.. I did notice that he was not there when I was in the store a few months ago to get my Fascinate. :eek:

Upvote 0
That suggestion came to me from a floor rep at the Verizon store when I was in there to get a case for my Eris. Some of those guys are pretty savvy about those things.. I did notice that he was not there when I was in the store a few months ago to get my Fascinate. :eek:

seems like a kinda dumb career move on an employees part to suggest something that carriers are so against to a customer, but interesting :cool:

Upvote 0
I was on the phone with a VZW level 3 support tech after the DL09/Mac debacle....

He actually SUGGESTED that I root, and that if I did and installed a Froyo build, that would fix the Mac problem. When I explained to him that because I had SO much trouble with this phone, I was afraid to root it and void the warranty, he said "Oh, they never check that".

While it is true that many techs never do check that and also root their own phones, if you happen to get a stickler he might rain on your parade. It's a good idea to throw that stock restore file back on there via Odin before taking it in for service, in my opinion.

Upvote 0
I'm gonna guess late March early April. They'll drag this out until the very last minute, and after the release if the Thunderbolt and possibly the Bionic. Which IMO the Fascinate has a better form factor, and screen then both. But that's just my opinion. And to be honest if 2.2 doesn't fix my GPS, they can keep it.

Upvote 0
So I know i don't post much, but I am a premium vzw retailer and when we had our vendor fair, the Samsung rep has stated that they will be releasing it but they don't have an "definite date" just by then end of the first quarter. Idk how reliable that is but I definitely don't "recommend" rooting to any of my customers, but i have rooted for friends. As for tech support.. half the trouble shooting i do in store is more extensive than their support. The only time i actually call is when I need a replacement sent out. Most of the time them and customer service are lacking in knowledge.. just my two cents though.

Upvote 0
So I know i don't post much, but I am a premium vzw retailer and when we had our vendor fair, the Samsung rep has stated that they will be releasing it but they don't have an "definite date" just by then end of the first quarter. Idk how reliable that is but I definitely don't "recommend" rooting to any of my customers, but i have rooted for friends. As for tech support.. half the trouble shooting i do in store is more extensive than their support. The only time i actually call is when I need a replacement sent out. Most of the time them and customer service are lacking in knowledge.. just my two cents though.
Good Stuff, yeah all signs seem to point to a Feb release for the official

Upvote 0
if it gives you guys any glimmer of hope, T-Mo released 2.2 to the Vibrant a few days ago. However, it isn't an OTA update, we had to upgrade through Mini Kies. My girlfriend has a Fascinate and is really hoping for the update, and my getting it has only made the anticipation greater.

BTW, having Flash is awesome. Jobs is wrong about not needing it for a full internet experience.

Good luck guys, I know I'll be watching out for the update.

Reactions: SirKronan
Upvote 0
if it gives you guys any glimmer of hope, T-Mo released 2.2 to the Vibrant a few days ago. However, it isn't an OTA update, we had to upgrade through Mini Kies. My girlfriend has a Fascinate and is really hoping for the update, and my getting it has only made the anticipation greater.

BTW, having Flash is awesome. Jobs is wrong about not needing it for a full internet experience.

Good luck guys, I know I'll be watching out for the update.

Now quite a few flash websites properly display Flash content in the Dolphin HD browser, but it's usually sluggish. It's nice to have when I'm in a bind though, and need to look something up.

How responsive is it with the 2.2 update on your Vibrant, I'm assuming, with the stock browser?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones