• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] Wookie Gonna Getcha Final

I ran his 4.0.2 kernel when I was on Fab's deodexed and it was really good for being bare bones (no 4.0.2 kernel source code)

I can only imagine this will be even more polished. I'm very happy on Gunmmy ATM, but may have to try this.

edit: AFA soft key mods, you can use any you want if you adb push them :)

system/app/systemui.apk/res/drawable-xdpi/ics_sysbar...

Upvote 0
I usually just flash the softkey mod zips. Is there any benefit to adb pushing them other than avoiding a reboot? Yes, (or should it be No) there are no mods that I can see either. I know that axiom had the pull down (CM) mods and Liquid had (they were just pulled) his own settings, but what other kinds of settings are there? I have Nova installed which is something I really like.

I think I'm gonna run with this for a while just to see if the little quirks I was getting on other roms are cleared up. He built this and the kernel from source so I'm guessing it's a clean build rather than a kang of something else. What are you two guys running and which kernel?

Upvote 0
Well, most of the soft key mods are for Mr. H@ck543r5's ROMs and not all 4.0.3 play nice. I haven't found a soft key mod that works on Gummy yet so I plan on kanging them and pushing them myself later.

AFA ROM/kernel. I'm on latest Gummy and LeanKernel. I plan on trying Lou's at some point this week

There is a softkey mod that is rom independent. Takes a bit of work as you make changes with YOUR roms systemui.apk. Check it out.

I have that combined with custom softkey background images. Works wonders.

Upvote 0
There is a softkey mod that is rom independent. Takes a bit of work as you make changes with YOUR roms systemui.apk. Check it out.

I have that combined with custom softkey background images. Works wonders.

Thanks, didn't know that thread existed (don't spend any time on xda) The method I described is essentially the same thing as in this thread. The updater script is probably the way to go for those not comfortable with adb

Upvote 0
I have the icons, what are the adb commands to put these in the proper place? I'm having a hard time extracting the files and putting them back. The directions are arcane.

edit: I was actually able to replace the icons in the apk file, flash the mod and get the 3 blue icons. But how do I add the 4th search softkey?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones