• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile] MidnightRom:GS3 JB 1.0.4 9/1/2013 Supercharged stock

How is the lte speeds?

Awesome! Went to chicago last month and they were easily 1000kbps

Does anyone have any idea on why my signal keeps dropping?
At my house I have 3 to 4 bars, every few minutes it drops to one bar then to none, then back to one and then it goes back to normal (3 to 4 bars).
When I am in a call I can hear the other person fine for about a minute, then their voice starts to cut off and then I cant hear them at all. Then after a few seconds everything returns to normal.
I have no idea why this is happening. Also, im not sure if this started happening when i first installed the rom. I just noticed this about a week ago.
I'm thinking about flashing back to stock and seeing if this still continues.
Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks!
Have you figured this out? Sounds like you just have bad signal at your house

Sorry about disappearing lately >.< It seems though that everyone here helps one another, so there's not much to talk about support wise ^_^

On to MNR, not much development atm. I'm thinking of doing some icon changes to make it look more slick, fixing the camera so MMS video recording works, more optimizations, etc etc. But besides that, that's all I can think of doing right now.
Ideas?

Reactions: scotty51
Upvote 0
Awesome! Went to chicago last month and they were easily 1000kbps

Have you figured this out? Sounds like you just have bad signal at your house

Sorry about disappearing lately >.< It seems though that everyone here helps one another, so there's not much to talk about support wise ^_^

On to MNR, not much development atm. I'm thinking of doing some icon changes to make it look more slick, fixing the camera so MMS video recording works, more optimizations, etc etc. But besides that, that's all I can think of doing right now.
Ideas?

No, sadly I still havent figured it out. Ive noticed that my call quality sucks as well.

Also, the best speed i have gotten while on 4g was 17.47 Mbps

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-07-17-20-14-21.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-07-17-20-14-21.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 81
Upvote 0
Overclocking? :eek:
Just waiting for someone to get a kernel running on the VM varient with OC. >_< Honestly don't feel like doing it myself lol.

Anyways...Surprise! New version is up, and it's LOADS better then the last. (Speed, battery, and lag wise)

-Forced device status in settings from "modified" to "normal"
-Removed connections optimizer (was more annoying then anything..actually kind of spyware)
-Better audio drivers integrated
-Better gpu optimizations
-Loads better battery life
-Lag fixed
-Fix for videomms creation fail
-Fully removed samsungaccount app
-Install script/build.prop enhancements
-Lots of MISC. enhancments

Also, when you install in recovery, it'll ask something like (when restarting) "are you sure you want it to...". Just allow it (I think you have to hit NO to make it not block it.) This is just the install script updating the firmware from the official samsung update

Reactions: moranpms
Upvote 0
i did it with a clean wipe.... But i'll try that along with another reboot, after first reboot.
I'll try again.

No Dice on clean install with additional rebooots and cache/dalvik clears....

Ah dammit T.T I'll fix it asap

*edit*
actually, can you try installing the last version, then this one over it? It's working fine for me, which is confusing

Upvote 0
Ah dammit T.T I'll fix it asap

*edit*
actually, can you try installing the last version, then this one over it? It's working fine for me, which is confusing

I also had the no settings problem ...i flashed it 3 times n still i cant access settings..i also installed the last virsion then the latest one over and it didn't fix .. had to go back to 1.0.2..

Upvote 0
I installed the latest build yesterday and when I placed a call today the recipient could not hear me. I rebooted the phone and the problem persisted. I've noticed this problem before in previous releases.

Is this related to a specific setting or could it be a bug with this ROM?

Thanks!

Odd. Try flashing the latest, and clearing cache and dalvik.

Just uploaded 1.0.4 guys. Fixed the missing settings issue, sorry!

Upvote 0
Odd. Try flashing the latest, and clearing cache and dalvik.

Just uploaded 1.0.4 guys. Fixed the missing settings issue, sorry!
I'm thinking it may be caused by some kind of intermittent issue in the boot cycle.

Flashed to 1.0.4, cleared cache, and dalvik as recommended (I'd done this when I previously installed 1.0.3, also). Here are my boot results:
Boot #1 works
Boot #2 not working
Boot #3 works
Boot #4 works
Boot #5 not working
Boot #6 not working
Boot #7 works

During the boot cycles when it was not working, I verified that mic was functional by recording a video and listening to the playback. The issue seemed to only be related to making calls. When I pressed numbers on the keypad the tones went through. I've also tried turning on/off wifi to no avail.

Upvote 0
I'm thinking it may be caused by some kind of intermittent issue in the boot cycle.

Flashed to 1.0.4, cleared cache, and dalvik as recommended (I'd done this when I previously installed 1.0.3, also). Here are my boot results:
Boot #1 works
Boot #2 not working
Boot #3 works
Boot #4 works
Boot #5 not working
Boot #6 not working
Boot #7 works

During the boot cycles when it was not working, I verified that mic was functional by recording a video and listening to the playback. The issue seemed to only be related to making calls. When I pressed numbers on the keypad the tones went through. I've also tried turning on/off wifi to no avail.

Was it a fresh install?

Also, are the settings working working for everyone else now? And is anyone else experiencing voice issues as described above?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones