• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile] Recoveries

Jaay Dogg

Android Expert
Aug 27, 2011
Prescott, Az
www.paypal.com
I don't know if anyone else has had this happen to them but Philz won't flash some of the newer builds, say error code 7, i'm sure you all know of what i speak of. If so here is the newest TWRP that works on our phone with none of that password crap to use the recovery.

TWRP 2.6.3.1 Download Link: Dev-Host - TWRP-2631_d2spr_naddict.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

Stock Virgin Recovery Download Link: Dev-Host - stock_recovery_virginmobile.tar - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

Stock Sprint Recovery Download Link: Dev-Host - Sprint_Stock_Recovery.tar - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

:D:D:D:D:D:D

I try twrp but won't flash I have a error is the asserts line

You're not using a d2lte build then. If a d2lte build is available of the ROM you want then that's the one you need. If not, you are gonna have to go in and manually remove the asserts. I've created a video tutorial on how to do it. It's in my thread over in the Boost section. It will teach you what you need to do to the ROM zip. YOU WILL NEED TO BE ON A PC TO VIEW THE VIDEO. IT CANNOT BE VIEWED VIA THE TAPATALK APP OR OTHER PHONE FORUM APPS. You will need a zip file extracter like 7 Zip, Winzip, or Winrar. You will also need the program, Notepad++. Check out the AOSP section in my thread, read and watch the video.

http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?p=6155025

You can also remove the asserts directly from your phone with a rooted file explorer. I use the paid version of Root Explorer. You will need to know exactly what to remove though. The video will show you the assert lines. Still, it's easier on a computer for someone who is new to removing asserts. If you're new to asserts then I highly recommend doing it on a computer.

Good luck. :)

Upvote 0
I remove the asserts line I know what I'm doing ro.build remove it I got that part is flashing it

OK. If you're getting assert errors then the asserts in the updater-script haven't been removed properly. I recommend watching the video. Your choice. Once they have been removed properly you will want to ditch TWRP and flash Philz recovery. TWRP will not flash some of the new Kit Kat ROMs. Philz has just been updated so you'll need to get the newest version. Choose the d2lte version. Make sure you get the zip because there are 3 files for different methods of installation. The zip is for flashing in recovery. Just flash Philz with TWRP, reboot recovery and you'll have Philz.

Right now Philz is the best recovery out there for our phones. I love TWRP and will probably revert back to it once they've gotten their issues fixed. Until then, Philz is it.

Upvote 0
I remove the asserts line I know what I'm doing ro.build remove it I got that part is flashing it

OK. If you're getting assert errors then the asserts in the updater-script haven't been removed properly. I recommend watching the video. Your choice. Once they have been removed properly you will want to ditch TWRP and flash Philz recovery. TWRP will not flash some of the new Kit Kat ROMs. Philz has just been updated so you'll need to get the newest version. Choose the d2lte version. Make sure you get the zip because there are 3 files for different methods of installation. The zip is for flashing in recovery. Just flash Philz with TWRP, reboot recovery and you'll have Philz.

Right now Philz is the best recovery out there for our phones. I love TWRP and will probably revert back to it once they've gotten their issues fixed. Until then, Philz is it.

As for Philz not flashing some of the ROMs. There is a box that needs to be unchecked that mentions the old binaries. I just checked and didn't see the option in the newest version.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones