• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile] [Vmobi][ROM][ALPHA] CyanogenMod Jelly Bean 4.1.2 [08.25.2013]

Don't forget to pull in the CyanogenMod prebuilts after the sync or you will run into an error. Here is a quick reference of the commands needed to download the source and start a build..

To initialize your local repository using the CyanogenMod trees, use a command like this:

repo init -u git://github.com/vmobi-gogh/android.git -b jellybean

Then to sync up:

repo sync

Once the repo's are synced you will need to get the CyanogenMod prebuilts

vendor/cm/get-prebuilts

To start the build you will need to run the following.

. build/envsetup.sh && brunch goghvmu

I am going to try and look at a few things today but if anyone wants to help please feel free to do so. Just let me know if you get anywhere and ill give you permissions to start make changes.

I'll have to work out another way to work on this- having this AND my OmniROM sources on my 80GB hard drive left me 12... MEGABYTES to work with :eek:

As soon as I've worked it out and taken a look and began learning actual development, not just ROM hacking, I'll definitely try to help out

Upvote 0
apemu2a7.jpg

Seeing friends phone my Bluetooth is at home but I'm sure it will work.

Reactions: xstefen
Upvote 0
Did not seem to work for me. I installed it from TWRP.

Could you tell me what a couple folders on your device look like?

In TWRP, my /internal_sd is always empty, but /sdcard is not.

However.

on the device, I have no /internal_sd, I have /sdcard. A few files popped up there, and then I have /sdcard/0 and /sdcard/legacy. All my old files are in /sdcard/0 with legacy always looking empty. However, new files are always created in /sdcard instead, and TWRP is unable to access these files. Any ideas?

/sdcard/0/external_sd is a folder as well and always contains ".nomedia" and a "sdcard1" directory, neither of which can be deleted.

Upvote 0
Ah. I can't seem to get Bluetooth to even turn on right now, with that patch. :S

No, I have a series of folder with various files in them.
In TWRP, I see:
/external_sd (external contents)
/internal_sd (empty)
/sdcard (contents of /sdcard/0 when Android is running)

In Android, I have:
/sdcard (home folder, all apps are using this as primary download/storage space)
/sdcard/0 (TWRP only sees files in this folder)
/sdcard/0/external_sd (cannot delete folder or contents)
/sdcard/legacy (always empty and unmounted)

Its bizarre. I may factory reset later while working on my Manta ROM and see if that helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones