• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Vitality/admire muve music

greasemonky

Jul 30, 2010
Alvarado, TX
I rooted my cricket samsung vitality and did everything right. I really havent removed anything except for some of the useless apps so my phone is practically still the same. After a month I decided to use my muve music which comes on the vitality. Muve music isnt working, it says it needs an update but it doesnt update at all. I did a battery pull, factory reset and a hard reset but nothing happens, it still the same. I took it to cricket and they got some data of it and said they will contact me in a few days, most likely next week. (hopefully they dont notice its rooted either). Has anyone else had this problem or know of a solution??? Any help will be appreciated. The app is muve music 2.3.0 but I think it supposed to be 2.3.4. Ive tried everything even looking for it thru root explorer....

No guarantess, but since it's not working as it is there's not a lot to loss...
Try going through the applications manager to "remove" (basically undo any upgrades) and then upgrade again.
There were some threads (don't remember where) saying this helped.
Another thing to consider is how full your SD card is.

Good luck,

Reactions: greasemonky
Upvote 0
No guarantess, but since it's not working as it is there's not a lot to loss...
Try going through the applications manager to "remove" (basically undo any upgrades) and then upgrade again.
There were some threads (don't remember where) saying this helped.
Another thing to consider is how full your SD card is.

Good luck,

Applications Manager wont let me remove it since its a stock app but I did try removing it with titanium backup and reinstalling. Titanium didnt work on my phone when I tried reinstalling so I reinstalled it thru root explorer and still nothing. I still havent heard a word from cricket. I think Im just gonna have to put up with it for two more months and after that Im moving to another city. They dont have cricket over their so Im gonna have to try metro. I dont know if Ill be able to transfer this phone to that company or have to buy a new one. Thanks for replying, dont know if anyone else had this problem after rooting yet.

Upvote 0
Cricket has nation wide coverage (roaming on Sprint / Metro / you-name-it) so that should not be an issue.
Regarding Muve, I'm rooted and can use it w/o problems.
Try to "uninstall" via app manager - it won't let you, but would rather downgrade to the version that shipped with the device, sometimes this helps the real upgrade go through.

Upvote 0
Sorry havent replied back, besides my 8 to 5 job I also work on the side with computers and Ive had an overwhelming amount of customers lately. Well Ive tried it but still no luck, I spoke with cricket the other day and suppossedly there is nothing wrong with my phone but they didnt even notice its rooted either. They told me that it may be my sd card, that it might have been formatted and is malfunctioning now. Its a muve sd card and yes I did format it before I had the trouble so hopefuly they right. As soon as I get the chance Im going to go pick up my new sd card and hopefully it works that way. Dont know how it could be the sd card but then again it is different then usual sd cards. Thanks for the advice thou

Upvote 0
Ever resolve this issue? I am having the same problem on my rooted Vitality as well...Muve Music was working fine untill a couple days ago and now I get the same "Critiical Update" error....Please LMK if you fixed it and how. Thanks In Advance.

No I never did but I was told that you need the cricket store app in order for it too work. I tried reinstalling it and pushing it thru with adb but for some reason it wouldnt go thru. Do you have the cricket store app installed or did you delete it?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones