• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Vodafone UK Officially Release Froyo 2.2 DOWNLOAD NOW!

Updated ok, not done a reset yet, I shall see if i have to, i dont want to loose my saves in angry birds :)
I had trouble at first as VF seem to have been caught out with capacity as I was getting busy server (who would have thought)
only bloatware i have seen is VF 360 updates, not a major issue
test further later, i shall be interested too hear if I need to apply lagfix!!

Scottie

Upvote 0
Updated ok, not done a reset yet, I shall see if i have to, i dont want to loose my saves in angry birds :)
I had trouble at first as VF seem to have been caught out with capacity as I was getting busy server (who would have thought)
only bloatware i have seen is VF 360 updates, not a major issue
test further later, i shall be interested too hear if I need to apply lagfix!!

Scottie

Id expect you'd still need to apply the lagfix, I found 2.2 very slow at times.

Upvote 0
Im having serious problems trying to install this using Kies and windows 7. The phone wont connect to kies. I have already tried switching to TW Launcher as default, made sure the usb settings are selected for Kies, ran driver recovery in Kies and restarted computer but none of the above seems to connect the computer when I connect with usb cable.

I keep getting the screen titled "MTP Application" ( on my Galaxy S) keep starting and closing immediatley, saying "Installing". Then I get a popup on my computer saying the "device driver was not successfully installed".

Is there any way to install the vodafone release of 2.2 without using Kies?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones