• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help [VZW] Have a Nexus? Having one-way audio issues? Tell us where you are

Then I'll keep calling I guess until an S3 is an option. I'm willing to wait for an OTA to fix it, but once I get anywhere near the 1 year manufacturer warranty, I'm going to push hard for a replacement. a qHD phone with lesser specs as a replacement is absolutely out of the question. So I guess I'll just keep trying.

Ideally, though, I want them to fix the damn problem. I like the Nexus and I want to keep it, but only if this mid-call muting problem is fixed and the radios get MUCH better.

I actually like the smaller Incredible 4g but I settled for Nexus for price and to stay on unlimited. However I do love this phone so I hope they fix this so I don't have to switch.phones.

Upvote 0
Ugh...just experienced the one way audio while trying to pay a bill over the phone. I was talking to the lady fine, giving her all my information. Then she was saying that she couldn't hear me and all she could hear was a clicking noise. I tried moving to an outside location, with no luck I had to end the call. I called back while sitting in my living room again and had no issues at all. The phone quality was perfect. Don't get it.

I live in Goldsboro NC.

Upvote 0
I've finally given up and exchanged my gnex for the razr maxx. I loved the gnex other than the muting issue, but i need a reliable phone.

The most frustrating aspect of this has been verizon's customer service. Each time i call they act like they were unaware of the muting issue, even though they must have had hundreds of people reporting it.

Upvote 0
I've finally given up and exchanged my gnex for the razr maxx. I loved the gnex other than the muting issue, but i need a reliable phone.

The most frustrating aspect of this has been verizon's customer service. Each time i call they act like they were unaware of the muting issue, even though they must have had hundreds of people reporting it.

Just based on my local VZW store, I'd say that there are a lot of people that don't talk to tech support about it. They just return the phone after the first or second time it happens. A few of the reps I've spoken with say that most of the Nexus they've sold are returned in the first week of purchase. The problems range from calling issues to screen problems, but they can count on one hand how many have been kept.

Upvote 0
Have the same problem. Had went away for awhile after 4.0.4, but is back with a vengance. Located in nebraska, but has happened to me all over nebraska, in wyoming, and denver.

Called tech support again today about it, tech insisted an update released on 07-06 fixed the problem. He is supposed to force it, so it is available to my phone in the next hour. I will let you know if i get it and what baseband version I'm on after. Oh, of course if a miracle happens and it fixes it i will let you know also. I have never demanded anything from verizon before but i'm about at the end of the line here, and need a phone that works.

Upvote 0
Ok, got the update, and it did not fix anything. Tried a call with a friend and after 5 minutes, same thing. Called verizon back, they offered a razor in exchange. Not sure if I want to do this, lower screen res and ergonomics of the phone bother me. Although being able to make a call would be a plus. Wish there was a resolution to this problem.

Upvote 0
Minneapolis MN, had problem since day 1!! (December 2011) been calling Verizon since Feb, only to be told to wait for updates. now that I have 4.04 it's still the same stupid problem! They have replaced my phone and Im still experiencing it. Been passed around and this is frustrating!

Weird thing is that in my area (Sacramento) it hasn't happened to me in like 2 weeks now! I've been purposely running a logcat to catch the logs when it happens, and it hasn't happened to me once. :thinking::thinking::thinking:

Reactions: Demache
Upvote 0
Weird thing is that in my area (Sacramento) it hasn't happened to me in like 2 weeks now! I've been purposely running a logcat to catch the logs when it happens, and it hasn't happened to me once. :thinking::thinking::thinking:

Alright guys, we figured out how to fix the issue. It turns out the one way audio issue follows the Heisenburg uncertainty principle and in order to stop it from happening, everyone just needs to run a logcat.

This way, trying to figure out what causes it...will cause it to not happen.

Upvote 0
Still an issue even after JB. Wife actually only had this issue 2x since got phone in early Aug. then started every day since official JB release. VZW tech rep said he has Nexus and experiences same prob and they know of thousands of users with same prob\very aware. Called Samsung while on phone with me and they said new sim card to see if will fix(sent to me ovr ngt), will receive today. He didn't think it would help but to go through the steps.... Said will clbk to me Fri to see.

Told MMS periodically not going through also. Pulled up call log\report on data and shows numerous texts delayed\not going through(not sure how can tell delayed). Confirmed a lot of short calls and dropped calls too. Was actually quite upset they could see so much about phones activity! Was pretty quick to bring up swapping phone models. Told him very short list of phones we'd consider(GS3, Maxx). Brought up reg Razr, which I quickly dismissed, then said will see what he can do for GS3 but wasn't to sure. I have GS3 and aside from Wifi dropping periodically-no porbs with it. Wife was set on Nexus and got it free from BestBuy.

Any other arguments to VZW if sim card fix dosen't work to help us get into phone 'we' want not what 'they' want us to have? Thanks everyone.

Upvote 0
Hate to say this for folks still having this issue, but my issues still have not returned. I think it's a tower thing, and unless VZW feels like fixing it in your particular area, you're SOL. :( This kind of corporate misinformation really irritates me. They obviously know what the problem is if they are fixing some areas but not others. Sounds like they feel there isn't enough ROI to fix it in some cases. :(

Upvote 0
Ok, now MMS taking a whole day (if at all) to send. Battery\sim card pull didn't help. Factory data reset just now. Will give it a day or two...... anyone else seen this? VZW suggested trading in for Razr or anything that released the same time as GNEX. I told them that is ridiculous! If were to trade in for anything would be comparable phone = GS3!! Is that a ridiculous request on my part? Is there a phone that came out around GNEX release that is comparable?

Upvote 0
Have been busy and haven't been here in awhile but I'm having the same issue with the audio and it's only when I'm at work in Jacksonville, NC but if I'm at home or across town, presumably connected to another tower, everything is fine. I'm also having the same issue that madjpey is describing where it takes forever to send a MMS. I'm also running stock and have done factory resets.

This sucks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones