• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Warning! Read This Before You Attempt To Install OTA Leak!!!! (Danger, Will Robinson! Danger!)

Update went very smooth! Thanks for the info. Couple of observations and wonderings thoughts:

MixZing now starts automatically whenever the phone locks and sometimes randomly when it is not locked. Even when I kill all of the task completly MixZing starts on its own (started playing Police Ghost in the machine on my way home (really)) Eeerie!

I wonder if/when I use the new WiFi hotspot feature if Verizon will send me some sort added charge on my monthly bill?

Looking at task killer, it appears more apps are starting on their own in the background. I need to figure out what is going on with this issue.

Initial boot-up seems about the same, love the Droooiiid sound - yes it would make a great text tone... If you really want it, go here:

Ringtone by title - Motorola Droid Sound | CrackBerry.com

720P on the video is ok - not great. The camera maybe 8mp but the lens is cheap and easily scratched. So image quality is improved by the SW but limited by the HW. Oh well, this is why I carry an HD cam when I travel.

It seems like it takes the Friends Stream and Weather Widget longer to load new data. Not sure, it just might be me or all the background tasks.

Other than that, cool deal. Thanks for the post!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones