1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Weird colour issue with AOD notifications, Google Maps alternative route text?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by chopper1, May 1, 2019.

1. chopper1

chopper1 Newbie

Hi all,

I'm using a Galaxy S10 (model SM-G973F) running Android V9, and have in the last few days noticed that some notifications come up with a grey background and grey text. I have also seen this in the Google Maps app, at night when the screen goes darker. When viewing alternative routes, the text to show how many minutes more or less the alternative route will take is almost unreadable as it is grey (rather than white).

See below - I'm using a local new app called NZ Herald and the notification icon comes up with a grey background and grey symbol (instead of the previous white symbol and no grey background). When the always on display dims, the notification is almost invisible to see. On my old Galaxy S7 Edge, the notification displays perfectly, in bright white text. Any ideas what could have caused this? I haven't installed any custom themes (as far as I'm aware), and not running high contrast settings or disability settings etc.

Galaxy S10:
    upload_2019-5-2_15-25-54.png

Same notification on Galaxy S7 Edge:
    upload_2019-5-2_15-26-15.png

2. Snakeyeskm

Snakeyeskm Android Expert

Have you tried going into Settings/Lock screen/Notifications and adjusting the settings in the Notifications window. Do not go to Settings/Notifications

3. chopper1

chopper1 Newbie

Hi, I have just tried this setting now. While changing the text transparency helps with the notification banner when viewed when the screen is lit up, it doesn't have any effect for notification icons shown on the "always on" display.

Samsung Galaxy S10 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S10 release date was March 2019. Features and Specs include a 6.1" inch screen, 16MP camera, 8GB RAM, Exynos 9820 processor, and 3400mAh battery.

March 2019
Release Date
Reviews