• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Weird thing happening to my Captivate.

hamlin69

May 26, 2011
Canada
I have something weird going on with my Captivate. I have 2.2 installed and randomly the phone will just shut off....ok so I turn it back on and all of my apps that have been saved on the exteral sd card are now not on the home screen or in the folder I put them in. Only the apps that are on the phones internal memory....

Does anyone know what is going on?

I'm sorry ...I have no answers for you but this post caught my eye and I in fact have a question for you if I may go off topic. I too have a captivate, I do not have the update yet and I'm not rooted. If I were to go buy an external sd card would I even be able to utilize it or will I not be able to do anything without the update just as I can't move anything to internal at the without it? I am quickly running out of storage space even though my internal sd card is practically empty and I need a quick fix

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones