• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What Do Idiots Call Your Evo?

@ natdm

blank_facepalm_224.gif

Upvote 0
I just don't get the point in getting irritated at it.

In guns, a mag is something that encases rounds. A clip is a strip of metal that holds them together. I'll bet almost everyone here didn't know that. Hardly anyone that's not in to guns knows. Every movie ever refers to a mag as a clip. I don't get upset just because they don't know that. It's just not in their lane.

I don't get upset when girls call an Aston Martin a Jaguar, when they call a netbook a notebook and when they call an evo an iPhone. I'm not riding a geek high horse.

Upvote 0
I agree with you completely. I was out to dinner with my gf the other night and a waitress asked if my phone was the new iphone. I politely just told her no it was actually the HTC EVO which is an Android phone. She just replied wow that is cool. She must have seen my gf playing with it. No reason to get upset or call her an idiot, I mean the reality is Apple has done well marketing their touch screen products. The average joe doesn't know any better. To insult everyone makes you look like someone clamoring for your own little geek world. I'm not some joe blow defending the non-techie people, I work as a systems administrator and have had just about every smartphone Sprint has to offer here, not including my own experiences previously with Verizon. Instead of getting huffy with people, you should instead be an ambassador to promoting the EVO and good products like it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones