• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What do you drive?

Especially with an old fashioned, outdated live rear axle. ;)~ I have that problem with my Camaro. Goes well in a straight line though. But, when I know I have some twistys, I prefer the Corvette.

They say the Mustang does a real nice job with the live rear axle (track pack option I believe it's called). When I owned my 06 GTO, while I loved the IRS, I hated the wheel hop. I always used to tell the Ford faithful that regardless of how well they develop the rear solid axle, if you hit a bump in mid curve, the car will still get a little more fubar than a car with a full IRS setup.

Upvote 0
Not my car, but hopefully the next one I buy (a few years down the road.)

Corvette ZR1. Simply, awesome..

2011corvette_zr1_3.jpg

Upvote 0
I think Ford also had a Super Snake that was a Shelby version. If I remember, it was a Mustang that wasn't covered by warranty but was a Shelby custom job (You take your Mustang Shelby to their facilities and kiss your warranty goodbye). 800-HP 2012 Ford Shelby Super Snake: New York Auto Show Preview

That's it. I'm not sure where but on a track (and even then not so sure) you'd be able to use that much horsepower. Would be fun to take on the Autobahn though. Speaking of, I sure wish the U.S. had a version of the Autobahn here, or that our drivers would at least adopt some of the Autobahn rules, like if you're in the far left lane and someone gets behind you, you move over to the right lane, you know the common sense rules......
Hense why I asked some simple questions about his car that he should know right off the top of his head, but notice he has not been back to this thread since I called him out. I got warned twice for it so ill just leave it at that.
800HP to the wheels would not get traction below 100MPH, hell I'm only pushing 600 to the wheels and I break my tires loose in 3rd with 315's out back.

Upvote 0
I'll post a picture later but its:

2004 Subaru Impreza WRX, Java Black Pearl

Bronze Rota Troque wheels (work emotion knockoffs)

STi hood scoop+wing, rally armor mudflaps, eaibach springs, STi vf-39 turbo, 38mm external wastegate, pnp exhaust manifold, catless up+downpipe, blitz nur spec r exhaust, 1.5 way kaaz front lsd, cusco 2 way rear lsd, sti 20kg center diff and a few other goodies.

Made like 320awhp on a 2.sl0w. Fun car.

Next car is either a 2007 STi limited (white), BMW 135i/335i (white), Mitsubishi Evo X (white) or Subaru Forrester XT (black).

Upvote 0
Currently have a 2004 GTO cosmos purple. I've had it for 2 years now. I bought it used for damn cheap with only 19k on the odo. It's my DD and surprisingly good in the snow with Blizzak ws70s. Only mods are a Diablo Sport tune and brakes, along with some leo countermeasures. Also in the family are a 2009 Impreza wrx hatchback and a 2003 outback.

Upvote 0
Debating on making my Cobra that I posted earlier in the thread a track( mostly ecxept for a few fun runs on the streets against some shit talkers) car. Thinking of going single turbo setup, maybe twin, not sure yet. complete engine tear down and rebuild and cranking up the boost, cage it and try to hit nines. As much as I love my 6-speed, I am probably going to have to dump it. Not easy to hit 9's while rowing gears. I'm sure the trap speed would be great but can only imagine my 60 ft times. lol. Still not sure if I want to do this but if I do , i'm looking for somewhere around 1000RWHP.
Then pickup a new GT500 for a daily. Only problem with that is I am going to get the itch to modify that too. I think I can restrain myself to a few small mods on the GT500 and be happy.
Ahh what to do.. what to do..

Upvote 0
Debating on making my Cobra that I posted earlier in the thread a track( mostly ecxept for a few fun runs on the streets against some shit talkers) car. Thinking of going single turbo setup, maybe twin, not sure yet. complete engine tear down and rebuild and cranking up the boost, cage it and try to hit nines. As much as I love my 6-speed, I am probably going to have to dump it. Not easy to hit 9's while rowing gears. I'm sure the trap speed would be great but can only imagine my 60 ft times. lol. Still not sure if I want to do this but if I do , i'm looking for somewhere around 1000RWHP.
Then pickup a new GT500 for a daily. Only problem with that is I am going to get the itch to modify that too. I think I can restrain myself to a few small mods on the GT500 and be happy.
Ahh what to do.. what to do..

I'd go with the Camaro ZL1 instead. :) Going to be slightly less expensive and with 580hp it should be one quick stock machine and faster than the GT500. Also, I don't think I could go back to a live rear axle car. Just seems so 1930's to me now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones