1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

What is the best (free) weather app for Android 2.1 or later?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by TheRH, Oct 28, 2010.

1. TheRH

TheRH Well-Known Member

Hello,

What is the best (free) weather app for Android 2.1 or later?

RH

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. b.kim

b.kim Newbie

beautiful widgets and weatherbug elite. beautiful widgets has more customizable features as well as clock/weather skins. plus it has cool weather animations.

3. probinson

probinson Well-Known Member

Do you really have a problem spending a buck or two for a nice app that you'd use pretty much every day?

4. TheRH

TheRH Well-Known Member

I would consider that yes.

5. ExSaint

ExSaint Android Enthusiast

I actually like The Weather Channel app.

6. SprintFun

SprintFun Android Expert

Weather Channel app is solid.

I wish Beautiful Widgets had some implementation of live radar and I would never use anything else.

7. foo

foo Android Enthusiast

i used weatherbug's widgets for a while (the free one), but i ended up buying 'beautiful widgets'. they add a nut ton of options that offer a lot of customization, which we all love to have :). so it's def worth the couple bucks, imo too

anyway, to answer your direct question.. weatherbug or twc widgets are perfectly fine for a free alternative

agreed. that would be awesome

8. ExSaint

ExSaint Android Enthusiast

I second that!

9. TheRH

TheRH Well-Known Member

Ok so I am trying the Weather Bug one and well so far I like it more than I like the TWC one.

10. jay_kay

jay_kay Android Enthusiast

I have tried most but have been using yr.no weather widgets for the last month. Have loads of different sizes and types and it for me is by far the most accurate in both forecast and location.

I live in a small village and it gets it perfect everytime which none of the others did and whenever I look at it when I am out and about its spot on too.

Its free, just search for yr.no :)

11. airjordan223

airjordan223 Android Enthusiast

12. rkkeller

rkkeller Android Enthusiast

I am swaying towards Weatherbug right now. I do like the weather widget that came with my EVO so I left that on the home screen, but there are no maps or detailed forecast. That is where WB comes in.

13. CodeMonkey

CodeMonkey Guest

Just switched to this from Beautiful Widgets + associated live wallpaper - due to space reasons...

14. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Extreme Android User

I do love Weatherbug. Having the detailed forecast right in the notifications area and the temperature right in the notification bar is awesome to me. It's weird actually. I consider their desktop app to be a worthless piece of bloated trash, but I love their mobile app. I've got the free version. I see no reason to buy the full version myself. In the free version I get the 7 day forecast, radar, weather alerts, etc...

15. diS

diS Android Enthusiast

SNOWSTORM all the way!!!

Best Weather app ever! I prefer it over Weatherbug and Beautifull widgets!

AceMathias likes this.
  16. Arni01

Arni01 Newbie

I recommend the only and one Palmary Weather!! used all the other before,but this one is absolut great!! :)

17. Hrethgir

Hrethgir Android Expert

I used the free Weather Channel and Weather Bug apps, and in the free versions, I liked the WC widget better. But a friend of mine had Weather Bug Elite, and the pay versions wiget is way better than the free versions, so I bought that, and really like it.

18. GrenW

GrenW Android Expert

+1

19. I wanted to ask about the Weatherbug app.

I tried it several months ago, and it seemed like this app really drained my battery pretty quickly. Once it was removed, my battery life returned back to normal.

Has anyone noticed any kind of improvement with the battery drainage with this app with any upgrades to it?

Still looking for a good weather app,
    Whiteice

20. foo

foo Android Enthusiast

I can't remember the default setting for the wb's update interval, but iirc, it was set pretty low (think 15 or 30min?). Using that interval + "my location", if that was even used, would have impacted battery some. I tend to always set my intervals from 1-2hrs with weather apps, and I never really notice battery drain. I also don't use the "my location" which calls the GPS to be used.. so that prob helps in my situation.

21. CraigyMuscles

CraigyMuscles Lurker

Just downloaded the free weatherbug app. How do I get the temperature in my top bar? The one where my battery level, signal strength, and time are?

22. foo

foo Android Enthusiast

Preferences > check 'Enable Notification'

23. rtm0004

rtm0004 Well-Known Member

I like weatherbug, simple but now that it has moving radar, everything I need

24. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Extreme Android User

Also check what color you're displaying it in. I was displaying it in black for some reason which didn't show up in my notification bar even though it was there.