• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What is THE iTunes for Android users?

I assume you mean unlimited.

And no. In the music app you can mark songs to make them available offline and it will cache those to your phone so you do not use any data while listening. There is even an option to cache only over wifi and you can select to only show music that is available offline. So you can easily use this without ever using any data.
Yes, I mean't "unlimited". :)

I see, didn't know about this... But Google music isn't available here in Brazil still.

Upvote 0
I simply do not understand the iTunes thing. I have no idea why anyone would want to use a slow sync when it's easy to just copy files to the device and be done with it. RM policies convinced me to avoid iTunes at all cost, and I will continue to do so. YMMV.

Same here. I've got all my music on a 32GB SD-card in the phone. That's it, I'm done. No nonsense, no messing. I know what I want to listen to. I'm not really interested in fancy playlists, or favourites, or genres, or "*" ratings, or the fact I haven't played a certain song in a few weeks.

I found problems with iTunes when I tried it once, like it messed up the directory structure of my Music folder by doing it's own thing. e.g. storing all songs from one album in individual folders, one MP3 per folder. Well that's no good, fortunately I keep a backup. Also problems with some Chinese ID3 tags, by just showing gibberish. Samsung Galaxy S phone deals with these just fine, as does my crappy old Creative Labs thing.

iTunes for Windows runs a load of unnecessary services in the background, even when iTunes itself is not running, probably slowing the PC down, e.g. iPod Service, well I don't have an iPod, and what exactly does Bonjour do? iTunes on Mac OS X maybe much better behaved, because it's an integral component of that OS.

Upvote 0
Late to this thread but I am an audiophile who got my first Droid phone in December 2011.

I am really shocked nobody has mentioned the best music player on Android. PowerAMP.
Poweramp – Music Player for Android

Its far superior to Winamp. PowerAMP is simply amazing. I used to have an iPod and use iTunes but now my Droid X is my full time music device.

I made a simple send-to short cut for Right Click in Windows 7. Then I just went My Music folder. Right Clicked and sent all of my music to I:\Music (my droid drive letter in Windows 7)

It copied it all over, I opened PowerAMP and it Just Worked. All my album art was there, but if you need album art PowerAMP will automatically download album art.

PowerAMP is the way to go.

Upvote 0
I just wish I had a way of creating playlists by creating a playlist folder for example within music then creating playlists from there.

On second thoughts that would cause duplication's unnecessarily hmmmm maybe have a destop installed app that works with the android music app to create the playlists etc...

Possible maybe?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones