• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What's something so insignificant but you can't live without ?

Nicotine is like crack. The desire never totally goes away when you quit. It lessens over time, but the desire never totally goes away and i haven't smoked in years. Nicorette gum and tablets worked for me once I learned it takes 15 minutes to work, just like an aspirin when you get a headache
Unfortunately, it is true. I still get the urge to smoke when I drink alcohol.

Upvote 0
Unfortunately, it is true. I still get the urge to smoke when I drink alcohol.

When my wife's father quit smoking he had chest pains. He went to the doctor and they did a whole bunch of test and concluded it was simply nicotine withdrawal.

When I quit, I had crazy dreams, like I would find my 5 yrs old nephew smoking. He would start running and i couldn't catch him to take the cigarettes away from him.

Reactions: Arny88 and ocnbrze
Upvote 0
I smoked cigarettes off and on during the summer months years ago. I still had a pipe or two at night. It was not difficult to quit smoking the stinking things. They are a handy smoke however. I haven't had one in decades. I never really cared for them. A pipe is another story entirely. My wife is still a cig smoker but I have had zero desire to have one. I think there is a design in cigarettes beyond nicotine to make them addictive. I'm scared of them.

Upvote 0
I smoked cigarettes off and on during the summer months years ago. I still had a pipe or two at night. It was not difficult to quit smoking the stinking things. They are a handy smoke however. I haven't had one in decades. I never really cared for them. A pipe is another story entirely. My wife is still a cig smoker but I have had zero desire to have one. I think there is a design in cigarettes beyond nicotine to make them addictive. I'm scared of them.

Don't forget all the cigarette commercials we had back in the day

Reactions: ocnbrze and olbriar
Upvote 0
my crocs..........sure make fun of my shoe ware choice, but they have cured my plantar fasciatus and Achilles tendonitis. i had both on one foot. i tried everything from different shoes, ice, and stretching. but the only thing that made my feet happy were my crocs.
I wear Keen sandals for work, play, and dress. Only in the dead of winter will I wear a traditional shoe. My old feet are far more healthier in them. So I'm not about to make fun of your crocs.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones