• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What's the current OS?

gunny5821

Android Enthusiast
Aug 4, 2010
Richmond, VA (USA)
Hello All,

Been out of pocket for awhile and I'm trying to find out what the current OS is. I have:

Firmware Version: 2.1-update1
Baseband Version: 2.0.46
Build #2.0.A.0.504
Phone: x10i

I believe this is the Nordic. I love this version and will only change it if the new OS brings some drastic changes. So, whats the scoop Guru's.......... :thinking:

Shout Out to all my Friends (Especially RoseRed)...:)

Hey Gunny! Nice to see you back. How you doing? Glad you are liking your phone again, Momma doesn't feel so guilty about telling you what a great device it was without realising that AT&T deliver a different device to the one I had! xx

I believe (and you know I'm not the queen of root - oooohhh that doesn't sound good) that if you do the recent update then you can't root your phone or some such but I will leave it to the X10iusers of this world to give you the low down on that. He da bomb when it comes to all things root.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Thanks ALL for the warm welcome back. It's nice to know there are forums out there that are more like an extended-extended Family then something way different (More reminiscent of Pirates, meaning cut-throats).

Regarding OS 2.0.2.A.0.24, are the changes so different from 2.0.A.0.504, that it's worthy of upgrade, or is it best to stay with what I have and wait for the "multi-touch"update? So I guess the statements from SE several months back (meaning that multi-touch was a hardware issue and could not be corrected via the OS) were, well, FIBS?

Upvote 0
From XDA:
Changelog:

1-Fells faster overall
2-Multitouch is not implemented
3-Unlock animation is more fluid and more responsive
4-the keyboard is now white and grey, like HTC: i really impressing this one. Cute.
5-unlike the the previous 2.1, every time you close apps its goes back to the application list not Home screen.
6-Bluetooth is fixed.

On top of that it can't be rooted with one-clic methods (XDA already rooted one)

I won't do any updates, unless they give DT (Dual Touch), or they do a fix to keep my phone from restarting so many times.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones