• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Which radio are you using?

ak29

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto
I was using 5.14.05.17 for the last few months and it worked pretty good for me. Recently tried 5.17.05.23 and 5.17.05.08 both were worse with battery life. 5.14.05.17 seems like the best combination of signal and battery life. Which radio are you using and which one works best with you?

I'm running 5.17.05.08 as well. Only upgraded it today so can't comment about the battery life as yet.

One thing that does seem quicker (though it may just be a coincidence). On the old radio I'd switch to wifi to download something from the market, the 3G would go off, wifi would switch on and stay white for around 30 seconds and I'd get network errors. The same would happen going back to 3G. Now it seems to switch very quickly, around 10 seconds before being usable. GPS is also working fine. Sticking with this one for now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones