• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Which ROM will make me feel fuzzy inside?

alec92

Dec 4, 2011
Hey guys,

I'm still trying to get my SGS2 figured out... I've got it set up with GoLauncher and GoLocker and I love the look and setup etc but I would love to know what ROM people suggest.. I've read all the guides on how to flash custom ROMs, what apps can be frozen etc etc. but I don't know which ROM to go with because I'm not sure if they will change the look and feel of the phone.. This is what I want the ROM to do:

- I want to keep the current look and setout of apps/home screen etc
- Something quick and easy on the battery
- To be able to get rid of all the apps I don't use

I only really use SMS, Phone, Email, Camera, Facebook and Shazam. Nothing complicated really :p

Thanks in advance for your suggestions! Any advice is appreciated. :D

Upvote 0
currently from my experience i would say checkrom v4 is the best rom, kernals to choose from would either be siyah or dark knight, i chose dark knight and have set cpu installed to run lulzactive as the governor. i get good battery life aswell as good performance.
ICS theme also makes this all worthwhile over standard.
this setup will probably do me until an official ICS release is out :)

Upvote 0
Thanks heaps, I just used cf-root and then froze heaps of unused apps with Titanium Backup Pro, and I have saved a lot of RAM in doing so! I read somewhere there is a battery fix you can apply when you've rooted your phone but can't find it now.. Does anyone know what it's called?

And are there any other essentials to install now that I've got the phone rooted? Maybe the SetCPU program? I'm guessing that would save a lot of battery without sacrificing performance too much, right??

Cheers!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones