• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Who's Pre-Ordering?

[UPDATE] Cancelled my pre-order due to the poor performance reports for the European, Exynos, devices

Here, in the U.K.

Have pre-ordered, for delivery Friday, 25th February...
  • Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
  • Exynos 2200
  • Black
  • 12GB RAM
  • 1TB storage
  • Free Galaxy Buds Pro
Total £1,499/US$2,030
Less trade-in on S21 Ultra 512GB -£580/-US$785
Total to pay = £919/US$1,245

Also ordered a Samsung S22 Ultra Protective Standing Cover, Black, for £14/US$19

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My S21 Ultra is still wet behind the ears. I'll be sitting this one out. If it is an upgrade from the 21 it will prove to be a great phone. My S21 has been a great investment. A solid performer.
well it is an upgrade if you consider that it has an embedded s-pen stylus.

for me, i'm happy with my z fold 3. curious as to what they will produce for the z fold 4.

Upvote 0
well it is an upgrade if you consider that it has an embedded s-pen stylus.

for me, i'm happy with my z fold 3. curious as to what they will produce for the z fold 4.
I only owned one Note and never found the s-pen to be an asset.
I do understand it can be a great tool and certainly understand the enjoyment of use to those that incorporated into to daily use. I just wasn't that guy. I will admit to having had fun playing with it at first but ultimately it spent most of my ownership in its silo. It sitting idle was certainly not the fault of the pen and its uses.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
I'd be pre-ordering the regular s22 now if my Pixel 2 hadn't forced my hand back in December.
On the other hand my s21 cost me £220 less than the asking price for the s22, which is a worthwhile saving.
I'd preorder now to upgrade my Note 10 Plus but everytime I try I get a toast message that the item can't be purchased!

Upvote 0
I am looking at going with a Z fold , and I will probably get a S pen for it. I need something that dual screen capability. The Z fold seems like the best for me. For work I have to send various messages and a lot of times I am entering the information and realize I don't have something written down so I have to hit the back button and I loose everything.
Another problem is I have been fat fingering a lot of messages. All I know is the pixel 5 is my last Google phone.

Upvote 0
I will never order a carrier-branded phone again. Unlocked, directly from Samsung.

I couldn't stand the left-side S Pen slot on the Note 20 Ultra and I wouldn't like this... however, the Darling Bride was pretty happy about the Unlocked event and wanted one, so we pre-ordered hers (she had a reservation). It took over an hour to get the purchase through - I suppose everyone was trying to order it all at once!

I guess I can only hope against hope that the Z Fold 4 will have a right-hand S Pen slot...

Upvote 0
I'd preorder now to upgrade my Note 10 Plus but everytime I try I get a toast message that the item can't be purchased!

Their site was getting creamed all day yesterday. Should be fine now.

I will never order a carrier-branded phone again. Unlocked, directly from Samsung.

I couldn't stand the left-side S Pen slot on the Note 20 Ultra and I wouldn't like this... however, the Darling Bride was pretty happy about the Unlocked event and wanted one, so we pre-ordered hers (she had a reservation). It took over an hour to get the purchase through - I suppose everyone was trying to order it all at once!

I guess I can only hope against hope that the Z Fold 4 will have a right-hand S Pen slot...

Same, plus the whole 'phone credit is a monthly credit' is BS and (for vzw at least) would have forced me into a 36 month plan and I lose trade in credit if I want to switch early (i always do).

I would have been MUCH happier if this had no S pen and instead squeezed a bit more battery, but to be honest, battery has been stellar on my S21 Ultra.

That said, I went ahead and pre-ordered because I like shiny new things.

Upvote 0
I'm sitting out again. Hard to justify the cash when the S20 still works. I think I'll jump in on the next round of foldables.

I was insanely glad I went from s20+ to S21 Ultra, really felt like a huge jump. Not sure I'll feel the same way this time, but i desperately needed more than 128gb, so that was my weak justification, lol

Upvote 0
Pre-ordered the T-Mobile branded 512gb in green from Best Buy. It came with a $200 Best Buy gift card included. Pick it up in 2 weeks.

My Note 10+ 5g has seen better days. Screen is scratched to hell and the charging port is worn out, currently charging it wirelessly as much as possible to make it last until February 25th. Had it since December 2019 so it's the longest I have kept a phone ever.

Last edited:
Reactions: olbriar and ocnbrze
Upvote 0
I wasn't going to do upgrade my Note 20 Ultra to a phone without an SD card but fell of the ledge. Sagitech had a link on his Youtube review with a $250 bonus for preorders (https://www.youtube.com/redirect?event=video_description&redir_token=QUFFLUhqbGtZMGNtd3RENk5nRnhOaVVBRzM5N1ZnYXhzd3xBQ3Jtc0tuXzc2cERTc1lLOG5aNnNLeGNFX05BRzlTM3lLbEo5cVpoZElMdXZObmJ0NDZzVVBvR1ZMTWxrTlpnS1F3WDlaNnZVRjJwVWx4ZUkwVGJJVHlYeHpxeG9uN3kyRDdnUDE2dmZDVDdqMXdGTVQtVWE0OA&q=https://bit.ly/35UQ9qN) and Rakuten was giving 12% cash back that almost took care of the difference between the 256G and the 512G. So just had to do it...

Reactions: olbriar and ocnbrze
Upvote 0
I wasn't going to do upgrade my Note 20 Ultra to a phone without an SD card but fell of the ledge. Sagitech had a link on his Youtube review with a $250 bonus for preorders (https://www.youtube.com/redirect?event=video_description&redir_token=QUFFLUhqbGtZMGNtd3RENk5nRnhOaVVBRzM5N1ZnYXhzd3xBQ3Jtc0tuXzc2cERTc1lLOG5aNnNLeGNFX05BRzlTM3lLbEo5cVpoZElMdXZObmJ0NDZzVVBvR1ZMTWxrTlpnS1F3WDlaNnZVRjJwVWx4ZUkwVGJJVHlYeHpxeG9uN3kyRDdnUDE2dmZDVDdqMXdGTVQtVWE0OA&q=https://bit.ly/35UQ9qN) and Rakuten was giving 12% cash back that almost took care of the difference between the 256G and the 512G. So just had to do it...

FYI the YouTube URL you posted just redirects to a bit.ly 404 not found page.

Reactions: ironass
Upvote 0
Die hard Note fan. Have the Note 20 Ultra for since its release. Skipped the Z fold 3, still not convinced when they can't fit in the S Pen. Friend has one, likes it but suffers from less than stellar battery.

Glad the S22 Ultra is the Note replacement. Pre-ordered thru local Samsung store.

512GB, Phantom Black, Snapdragon + Galaxy buds Pro freebie.

Nothing else, no offers.

It's the first time with the Snapdragon version. Previously used to be Exynos.

Upvote 0
Die hard Note fan. Have the Note 20 Ultra for since its release. Skipped the Z fold 3, still not convinced when they can't fit in the S Pen. Friend has one, likes it but suffers from less than stellar battery.

Glad the S22 Ultra is the Note replacement. Pre-ordered thru local Samsung store.

512GB, Phantom Black, Snapdragon + Galaxy buds Pro freebie.

Nothing else, no offers.

It's the first time with the Snapdragon version. Previously used to be Exynos.

Were you or are you buying imported Galaxy phones?
I ask this, because for a long time Samsung is Qualcomm Snapdragon for America, China, Japan, and Korea, and their own Exynos, for all other countries, e.g. EU countries and UK. And basically that was because of CDMA/EV-DO carrier networks, that Samsung's own Exynos never supported CDMA/EV-DO.

Where I am(China), the S22 Ultra ia Snapdragon, and my current Note20 Ultra is also Snapdragon. I also have an S7 with Exynos that was originally bought in the UK.

Last edited:
Reactions: ocnbrze and ironass
Upvote 0
Were you or are you buying imported Galaxy phones? I ask this, because for a long time Samsung is Qualcomm Snapdragon for America, China, Japan, and Korea, and their own Exynos, for all other countries, e.g. EU countries and UK. And basically that was because of CDMA/EV-DO carrier networks, that Samsung's own Exynos never supported CDMA/EV-DO.

Where I am(China), the S22 Ultra ia Snapdragon, and my current Note20 Ultra is also Snapdragon. I also have an S7 with Exynos that was originally bought in the UK.

I am in the Middle East, and while we used to previously get the Exynos version, this time it seems we are getting the Snapdragon.

Asked the local Samsung store and they confirmed as Snapdragon.

Seems like the Exynos is for the UK and Europe according to gsmarena
https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s22_series_chipset_breakdown_by_region-news-53099.php

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones