• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root wifi toggle in drop down notification menu ?

I'm not rooted but have liked the drop down on my wife's Epic. I don't know what the EVO3D has but I presume something similar. I tried Widgetsoid. Its nice but not what I was looking for. I am already using Elixer ( also free from the Market ) on my home screen. Elixer does the same stuff, including the greyed out 4g that apparently wont work on the Photon, but will let me put 9 items across my screen instead of 5. Granted they are smaller but just as functional. Widgetsoid may be in the notification bar but it doesn't function from there. It launches from there. Maybe root makes a difference but maybe not.

Upvote 0
I'm not rooted but have liked the drop down on my wife's Epic. I don't know what the EVO3D has but I presume something similar. I tried Widgetsoid. Its nice but not what I was looking for. I am already using Elixer ( also free from the Market ) on my home screen. Elixer does the same stuff, including the greyed out 4g that apparently wont work on the Photon, but will let me put 9 items across my screen instead of 5. Granted they are smaller but just as functional. Widgetsoid may be in the notification bar but it doesn't function from there. It launches from there. Maybe root makes a difference but maybe not.

Not sure how you have it set up but Widgetsoid can be launched from the notification bar and trigger WiFi, GPS, toggle data, AND 4G (with a simple workaround). If you're like me who believes in saving "real estate space" on their homepages, it's a great way to have those toggles available from any screen.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones