• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wifi wont save or connect to anything

gnirtS

Jun 30, 2010
Ive got a genuine 3 UK (unbranded) desire and been using it for over a year.

Recently they released a small software update (2.29.405.5). I couldn't install this as not enough space so i thought id do a factory reset to get space, clean up and go from scratch.

Not a problem except after that reset my WiFi has stopped working completely.

It turns on, it shows as on, it scans and it shows WLANs around. However no matter what lan you select the second you enter a key without even trying to connect it says "Unable to connect to the network".
If i try to manually add a network i get "Unable to save the network".

It doesnt even seem to attempt to connect, just errors immediately. It's not a key issue as entering any key either correct or incorrect immediately produces the above error.

After a factory reset failed to get it working i rooted the phone to delete/edit the wpa_supplicant.conf file. This didn't solve the problem.

As a last resort i downloaded the latest RUU, flashed but again this hasn't fixed the problem.

So, does anyone know whats broken or how i can fix this or is it a return on the phone?

Everything else would appear to work perfectly but it just refuses to save any details of wlans or connect to them. It all worked fine before a factory reset!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones