• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Wireless Tethering

I've been searching the threads and can't seem to find the exact same problem, but I assume I am looking in the wrong places. I converted to CM mostly to get wireless tether, but I can't get it to work. The phone's browser connects to the internet fine, the computer is able to connect to the phone's wifi fine (secured w/WPA), but somehow the computer doesn't connect through to the internet. There is something wrong with the tunnel.

I hear a lot of solutions for one end or the other not working, but not for the middle.

Any ideas?

BTW, PDANet works fine for wired tethering.

Thanks!

Core Stats:
- Provider: Sprint
- OS Version: 2.3.3
- Kernal: Tiamat v4.0.6SBC
- Custom Rom:Cyanogen 7.0.3.1
- Base Band: 2.15.00.19
- SetCPU: 2.2.4 Smartas
- Theme: System
- Recovery ClockworkMod v3.0.0.5

Thanks!

So it works when I switch to unsecured. I would certainly prefer it to run secured, but I will take this over reflashing for the time being.

I would prefer not to reflash again if I don't need to. It's my wife's phone and I get yelled at everytime I mess anything up or forget to reinstall an app or something. Priority is to keep the phone stable so it works without intervention when I'm not around.

Anyone have any other ideas to get secured working short of flashing?

Thanks you.

Upvote 0
Thanks!

So it works when I switch to unsecured. I would certainly prefer it to run secured, but I will take this over reflashing for the time being.

I would prefer not to reflash again if I don't need to. It's my wife's phone and I get yelled at everytime I mess anything up or forget to reinstall an app or something. Priority is to keep the phone stable so it works without intervention when I'm not around.

Anyone have any other ideas to get secured working short of flashing?

Thanks you.

take a look at this guide: http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all...net-tethering-w-evo-4g-3g-wireless-wired.html. you can get the tethering apps in it as well.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones