• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Would you recommend this phone?

Ya DHD was hot to bad no US-3G support for TMoUS here :( or I would have got that but DHD (GSM) and TB (CDMA) are the current 4.3" flagship from HTC. After my HD2 was stolen I was looking in to it but after spec detail I found no 3G support so I had to go for something smaller with similar hardware spec of MT4G. DHD is the current HD2 in hardware wise of today's so if you like it then go with it.

Upvote 0
Awesome, thanks for the feedback guys.

A few quick questions:

1. Does your phone ever reboot by itself?

2. Does your phone ever get hot?

3. Does this phone have the same SMS issue where it'll scroll up when you're writing a text?

4. How's the sound quality?

Thanks. :D

1. No. I think this is only for those who got the OTA update which was pulled by HTC.

2. No. Haven't heard about this issue.

3. No, but I don't write many SMSes.

4. Very good with headphones, but very quiet on speakers.

Upvote 0
1. Does your phone ever reboot by itself?

I've only had mine for a couple of months and it's rebooted once in that time. I was playing around with a playstation emulator at the time.

2. Does your phone ever get hot?

Warm(ish) when doing lots of things at once.

3. Does this phone have the same SMS issue where it'll scroll up when you're writing a text?

Not for me. I'm using GO SMS at the moment. All is fine.

4. How's the sound quality?

The speaker is not fit for purpose. The sound via headphones is fine.

Would I recommend the DHD - absolutely. If you can handle the size.

Upvote 0
awesome, most likely going to be picking up this phone!

just a few more questions

1. How does this phone compare to Nexus S (if you've used both)?

2. Does the ear speaker ever crackle when you're on the phone? Can you turn the phone conversation volume all the way during a call without it crackling?

3. Is there a notification light that lets you know when you got a message/e-mail? I know the Desire Z has one

thanks!!

Upvote 0

2. Does the ear speaker ever crackle when you're on the phone? Can you turn the phone conversation volume all the way during a call without it crackling?

3. Is there a notification light that lets you know when you got a message/e-mail? I know the Desire Z has one

thanks!!

Do a search on here, I responded to a thread comparing the two (I have the DHD, she has the Nexus S) :)

Upvote 0

thanks!!

1. I have had a play with a Nexus S in a phone shop. Very, very nice but I prefer the DHD because of HTC Sense. If you're not interested in HTC Sense then the Nexus S is likely to be better supported by firmware updates. If you want HTC Sense, get the DHD...if you don't want HTC Sense...get the NS.

2. Never had the speaker crackle in a call.

3. As previously mentioned...yes...behind the grill.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones