• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Xbox Live questions

Petrah

Psychotic Female
Jun 13, 2011
Hanover Park, IL
subliminalconfusion.net
We recently purchased an Xbox 360 Slim a few weeks ago, and I have some questions for those of you who have more knowledge of this console.

My boyfriend signed up for a free Xbox Live account. On the Xbox we have two profiles. One is his and the other is mine so that we can both play Forza 4.

I signed up yesterday for my own free Xbox live account.

I cannot figure out how to log out of his Xbox Live session on the console so that I can log in to mine.

Can I move my profile that has all of my achievements and game saves to the new Live account that I created for myself yesterday?

I'm hoping someone can tell me, in complete and thorough baby steps, how I can accomplish the above? I'm still a bit lost in the console and am unsure where everything is, so the more specific you are the easier it will be for me to understand.

Any and all help is appreciated!

Try singing into your profile then go to My Xbox channel select your profile by navigating to it and press the A button. Select the Join Xbox Live option and when prompted to exit the session hit Yes this will take you to the Welcome to Xbox Live screen. Select the Sign Me Up Option you will be prompted to enter your Windows Live ID and Password. When you correctly enter the information hit Sign in.
Enter your date of birth and location in the fields. Ensure, accuracy as this cannot be edited once the Gamertag is created. Read the xbox live terms of use and privacy policy and hit accept to the terms. Choose weather you wish to subscribe to a free membership or a gold membership. Enter your payment information if required for gold and enter all the remaining info. You'll be asked to confirm your membership and be taken to a screen to create your gamertag. By default your offline gamertag should appear in the Gamertag fold and confirm this is the gamertag you want. If your offline gamertag is available it should be prompted as an Xbox Live ID tag. Hope this helps. :)

Upvote 0
Edit: This sounds like it would create yet another xbox live account (which would then make it three... his and two for me).

His xbox live account has two profiles: Papajin and Mouse
My xbox live account has one profile: Petrah

I wish to move my profile, Mouse, to my xbox live account. Both accounts are free accounts (until we discuss weather or not the Family account would suit our needs).

Sorry for the troubles and my lack of understanding... and many thanks for your kindness and help!

Upvote 0
Saved games and achievments cannot be copied or moved to a different profile, It's a security feature on the xbox (sorry) that keeps people from boosting their gamer scores and achievements. You will have to start over on your new account. If at some time you get a new or second xbox you can copy your profile and saved games over to the new xbox.

I did google copying save games between profiles and found that it can be done, but involves using a PC and downloading tools to modify the save games. If you Google "copy xbox 360 save games between profiles" you will get an idea of what's involved. It's not an official solution, but it's there if you feel technical enough to try it. Or find a friend that is a PC nerd and bribe him/her with dinner... :D

Upvote 0
Saved games and achievments cannot be copied or moved to a different profile,

I wasn't trying to move from one profile to another profile. I was trying to move a profile to another account. :) ;)

I think a lot of people get profiles and accounts confused and think they are one in the same. The account is what you log in to with your email address and password. The profile (which you can have several on one account) is your character with all of your achievements, game saves etc. From what I can see every profile, with the exception of the original profile that's created when the account is created, can be moved to it's very own account. ;)

Metroid, I went ahead and followed your directions and moved my profile off of his account and on to a new account of my own (yay!). Your directions where easy! I'm not really worried about my original account since it was new and nothing really on it accept an empty profile.

Thanks everyone for all of the helpful comments!!! :party:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones