• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ZTE U960 ROM Discussion

It's not a problem with our phone but it's a bug with the latest play store app version:
Issue 34238 - android - issue with new google play store v3.7.13 in samsung galaxy s plus-GT-I9001 - Android - An Open Handset Alliance Project - Google Project Hosting

as you can see on the latest messages of the Google thread someone solved by manually uninstall the update... but with my phone as soon I reopen the play store it automatically update to the bugged version... I have to wait for the new update...

indeed I have the version 3.5.19, which is an update to the original one installed by my update.zip package.

I don't know why I don't have furter updates but is perfectly working.

Upvote 0
as you can see on the latest messages of the Google thread someone solved by manually uninstall the update... but with my phone as soon I reopen the play store it automatically update to the bugged version... I have to wait for the new update...

This solution works perfectly for me, i also had the same bug after updating to latest catty mod, before that it was working perfect. I did the update yesterday and had no problems right befor the update, so something must have changed.

nothingman76 when you have uninstalled the update, dont open up play store on your phone ever, instead use a pc and go to play.google.com log into you account find the apps you want installed, and install it from there, then it will work.

But until this is fixed you will be unable to open the play store on your phone.

Upvote 0
I still have severe problems using bluetooth on sim1, am i the only one experiencing this ?
Sometimes i can fix it by turning off the phone and then powering it on again, but thats only 50% of the time this works.
Bluetooth on sim2 works without any problems, and i can switch the sim cards around and the problem will still stay on sim1.
The device will connect and in general look as it should, but as soon as i get a call or make a call on sim1 the noice will get distortet and the user in the other end will sound like a robot, and i sound the same to them.
I upgraded to latest catty version hoping it would fix this but it dont looks like it have helped :-/

Upvote 0
Solutor please tell me one thing how i wake up phone by volume button in your ZTE-TU960-Official-Updater-02B07.
after installing ZTE-TU960-Official-Updater-02B07 i have
1.my usb drive,mouse,and external keyboard working very well.before these things not working.
http://depositfiles.com is very very slow downloading site.
one thing to share when u change catty62 latest rom's kernal (ZTE_U960_kernel_2B06_ram386_OC_catty) to (ZTE_U960_kernel_ram379_OC_catty) then usb driver,mouse and external keyboard working.

Upvote 0
This solution works perfectly for me, i also had the same bug after updating to latest catty mod, before that it was working perfect. I did the update yesterday and had no problems right befor the update, so something must have changed.

nothingman76 when you have uninstalled the update, dont open up play store on your phone ever, instead use a pc and go vto play.google.com log into you account find the apps you want installed, and install it from there, then it will work.

But until this is fixed you will be unable to open the play store on your phone.

I have manually installed the app "antTek app manager" and then I have frozen the "market updater app". Then I have unistalled the update of the play store and since it's frozen it does not update to the bugged version...

Upvote 0
it's very difficult to find an app on the market that can use the dual sim capabilities of the phone. this is true not only for our phone but for every dual sim phone.
so in conclusion if that app works only on one sim you cannot do nothing...
"ringo pro"work both sims on my star A 1200 dual sim .because star A 1200 dual sim have one voice,video.message ringtone option for both sims.

Upvote 0

I got a tip from a thread on another phone which seems to have worked for me: after uninstalling the update, reboot the phone before attempting to access Play Store and updating.

Upvote 0
I got a tip from a thread on another phone which seems to have worked for me: after uninstalling the update, reboot the phone before attempting to access Play Store and updating.

Thanx... I've tried this approach but with no luck.
It seems that my phone "loves" the version 3.7.13 of the play store and always update to this bugged version :)
I will try to re-install the gapp update package provided from "The solutor"...

Upvote 0
Same here for me as well, cattys rom play store 3.5.19, I am able to use all market content updates as well.
Last night my play store got updated and F***ed up, I am not too worried because i can uninstall the update and download one update or one app from the store, then the store will automatically update. There is lot of discussions about this , so hopefully google will release a new update soon.

update
Uninstalled the update, removed market updater via root explorer rebooted the phone , now on version3.5.19 and is working as it should.

Upvote 0
Can I use One Click Updater now correctly on Windows XP machine because I got my IMEI?
Yes, I think you should do it.
Thanks a lot for your great advices, The Solutor! I've progressed slightly, but my main problems are not solved:

Finally after a long time, I am able to get the recovery mode while keeping the power button and Volume UP depressed, after I've got the same Windows XP machine again where I tried to flash The Solutor's B07 ROM with One Click Updater for almost one month. On this same PC/installation the process indication took about 10 minutes (maybe even the first time the update lasted so long, but I didn't look at the clock and it seemed to me as it took ages). Thank you very very much for restoring the recovey mode, The Solutor! But unfortunately the SIM1 slot doesn't work properly, the SIM1 baseband version doesn't work mostly when this line in baseband version is missing. Strange that I got sometimes suddenly the SIM1 baseband version without reboot...

Looks like the NVram was only restored partly from the same PC/installation...

But now after installed B08 ROM the software keeps my IMEI in mind and after (partly?) restored The Solutor's B07 ROM the recovery mode works well, also without adb command after all. But the ROMs still often crashes (although I've now installed Catty's latest B07 ROM from sd card, after wiped data and downclocked to 1 GHz) and the problem with the baseband isn't solved yet.

Can you solve my problem?

First time, after installing Catty's latest B07 ROM from sd card, the SIM2 slot didn't work as well. Strange that the SIM card which was in slot2 during the Catty-ROM-install-progress didn't work in other phones too. Look at the screenshot, there was shown an "unknown software version" and there wasn't an active SIM2 indication:

15qvvxt.png

But also strange that without reboot, suddenly the next day, there was shown a software version and also suddenly SIM2 works proper again (look at the first screenshot at the bottom)!

Sometimes, suddenly without reboot, and only at least till the phone crashes or freezes again, the SIM1 baseband version works also proper and is indicated as active (look at the second and third screenshot at the bottom)!

11udds0.png
30kvjhk.png
63zt5y.png

Upvote 0
Sometimes, suddenly without reboot, and only at least till the phone crashes or freezes again, the SIM1 baseband version works also proper and is indicated as active (look at the second and third screenshot at the bottom)!

Altough looks like you have the 02B06 and not B07 basebands, looks like your phone is flashed correctly.

The basebands version (using *983*154#) aren't shown if the SIM 1 is not active, this is the normal behavior.

So looks like your SIM1 sometimes doesn't initialize correctly on slot 1, I bet that if you swap the SIMs the problem will be not present anymore, I checked your old PMs and looks like you're using an O2 SIM on slot 1, and there is another German user that wrote that his O2 SIM doesn't work at all on slot 1

In short, I believe there is a yet unsolved problem with German O2 SIMs, so check your phone with a different SIM on slot 1, and eventually try to replace your O2 SIM to see if a newer SIM makes any difference.

I'm sorry but when you asked, monts ago, this kind of incompatibility was unknown.

Upvote 0
I bet that if you swap the SIMs the problem will be not present anymore, I checked your old PMs and looks like you're using an O2 SIM on slot 1, and there is another German user that wrote that his O2 SIM doesn't work at all on slot 1
The Solutor, you have won your bet! :thumbup:

Thank you very, very, very much for your fantastic advice, The Solutor !!!

The problem with the baseband is gone and I hope that the unsolved problem with German O2 SIMs in slot1 can be solved anytime!

Finally at long last, we are at the end of this long story. :)

Thank you for this amazing community and I am proud to be part of it.

ZTE U960 is the best Android Dual SIM smartphone I've seen yet and I can not imagine that the future will be different in next time.

EDIT:

The problem that SIM2 didn't work straight after the update seemed to be a cellular phone network interruption by Vodafone (by mischance) :D

Upvote 0
I can tell tell you that I have the same software version as you have. Etotalk released it to me. What surprises me is that you have two imei #s under PSN. Why do I have only one? Is there something else that I need to do, and if so, can you give me the steps?

Danke.

Hallo foseikuffuor! :)

I only have one IMEI too. The first line is: IMEI=0 (look on the second screenshot where I had the baseband problem with the German O2 SIM on slot1)! But when I swap my O2 SIM with my Vodafone SIM there is only one line with my IMEI under PSN but two lines under Board Serial. The first line is 000000000000

Another user here have managed to get two IMEIs. You can read the posts on the page before and if you get stuck then you can ask NetMare (he is German too) how to do.

63zt5y.png
nlsfv7.jpg

Now, almost everything is running correctly but suddenly my phone freezes in the Android browser. I've only one website opened and only a few widgets works in the background. I've installed Aix Weather Widget 0.1.9.1, DroidStats 3.5.1, SetCPU 3.0.5 and runtastic PRO 3.21 only so far. These widgets run in the background. I hope that my phone don't freeze again.

EDIT:

I've not managed the play store too. Have anybody else solved the problem by this way?

Upvote 0
I can tell tell you that I have the same software version as you have. Etotalk released it to me. What surprises me is that you have two imei #s under PSN. Why do I have only one? Is there something else that I need to do, and if so, can you give me the steps?

Danke.

All credit to NetMare

To get two imei or to change the imei to your like you have to use QPST
1. Change current IMEI(optional ) via menu-settings-applications-developement- set imei(works only on certain roms- you can always flash and revert)
2. install qpst on a xp 32 pc(i used w7 32 without problem) for safe side, make sure u got drivers installed correctly by joinme
http://montecarlophone.co.uk/orange-monte-carlo/unlock-for-free/install-qpst-create-backup-qcn-file/
3. Note the port no of ZTE Handset Diagnostic Interface form the device manager.
4. Use qpst configurator to select the phone and port.
5. Use Software downloader to backup nv ram
6. Use service programing to set new imei ,put 14 digits as TAC- FAC-SNR (6-2-6)

YOU WILL NOW HAVE 2 IMEI, Check via *983*154#

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones