• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ZTE Warp Sync - All Things Root Guide

Is this a reference to making a zip flash able in ZTE stock recovery?

It is actually a proof of concept exploit. It needs to be put into an apk file. The apk will run the exploit while at the same time installing superuser. We just need someone that is good in Java and compiling apks. A test apk was built before just to see if it will do the job. Supposedly if it restarted the os (not reboot just more of a crash), then the exploit should work. I installed it and it did in fact reboot my phone even though it is being built for the other device. And of course the guy on XDA that was going to compile it needed a break. So I am not sure when that guy is coming back to work on it. That is why I spread the news. Was hoping someone might want to step in.

Upvote 0
It is actually a proof of concept exploit. It needs to be put into an apk file. The apk will run the exploit while at the same time installing superuser. We just need someone that is good in Java and compiling apks. A test apk was built before just to see if it will do the job. Supposedly if it restarted the os (not reboot just more of a crash), then the exploit should work. I installed it and it did in fact reboot my phone even though it is being built for the other device. And of course the guy on XDA that was going to compile it needed a break. So I am not sure when that guy is coming back to work on it. That is why I spread the news. Was hoping someone might want to step in.
I don't know the extent of SuperR's Java capabilities, but junkie2100 has done some java stuff for us before.. Maybe hit him up..??

Upvote 0
I have no experience in creating android apps and no time to learn and do it. Sorry guys.
It's good, SuperR. You've already went above and beyond many expectations to do wonderful things for us! And your limitation just proves you really ARE human.. Lmfao. Seriously - you rock! I'll holler @ junkie & see if he can look into it with us.

Reactions: SuperR
Upvote 0
Sounds good. I quickly looked him up but didn't see him. Of course I haven't talk with him before either. He can look at the XDA thread also to get a little more insight.
Msg sent.. I think he's invisible, but he's good ppl if ya don't start running ur mouth, Lmfao. I had a ROM once that all but worked and junkie knew how to fix it but a conflict of opinions & words caused him to walk away (rightfully so). Him & SuperR worked together a bit on N861 and I think he built the first CWM for this phone..

Upvote 0
Msg sent.. I think he's invisible, but he's good ppl if ya don't start running ur mouth, Lmfao. I had a ROM once that all but worked and junkie knew how to fix it but a conflict of opinions & words caused him to walk away (rightfully so). Him & SuperR worked together a bit on N861 and I think he built the first CWM for this phone..
Actually, @junkie2100 was the brains of the operation and I was the builder ;)

Reactions: bcrichster
Upvote 0
Anyone see this yet? I dont have a computer at the moment so I can't check it out.

http://www.wise.com.php5-3.dfw1-2.websitetestlink.com/play?v=lbJC64E8b-A
actually.. SuperR had me try the unbrick tool (he designed) from Warp4G with his very explicit instructions and NO luck. Phone wouldn't mount.. If I had any knowledge of making APK's, I'd have already been on it. But.. That isn't the case atm, Lol. I have a decent dual boot PC I'd try compiling whatever but my knowledge is kinda limited to visually modifying them a bit, Lmao. Wish I was more help..

Upvote 0
I have been a Graphic Designer for 10 years and just recently am going back to school to learn how to program Java. I have started learning how to program Java but this is most definitely out of my league...I have never even rooted my phone due to it being on a plan and not wanting to void my warranty for which I used often for broken screens.
Considering I flat out own this phone and the Boost warranty being a complete joke. I was looking forward to rooting this phone. I am going to see if the Java community will help us out with this. I will get on a couple forums and see who will be kind enough to help SuperR.

Speaking of..Thank you SuperR its is extremely cool of you for helping us out and you don't even have this phone! Every time someone posts you are on it with your input. Its very appreciated and its a rare thing to meet people of your particular character. Thanks again man!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones