1. Tablet future looks bright! Read more about: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    New Forums: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    Dismiss Notice

720p video/3g hot spot and froyo soonGeneral

Last Updated:

1. tluv00

tluv00 Well-Known Member

Amazing how "no big deal" hasn't been answered in 5 hours. HTC ill not get the update first because the N1 already has it (making it first). Second, the Sense UI makes it a completely different beast. They have to make sure Sense will play nicely with the update. Third, they are going to make sure the newest devices have it (X, Droid 2, Samsung S) so people go to buy those devices first.

The biggest problem with Android is that not that it is open source but that anyone can build a phone with Android. It's not the iterations that are the issue it's that a new device comes out every 15 minutes. The iPhone is successful beyond belief because they create a demand. You know you can only get one once per year or two (a newer version) so people flock to it each time.

To me Android is like Master P and No Limit Studios. Put out as much shit as you can as often as you can and enough people will buy it to keep sustaining that model for a while.

Advertisement
  2. euph_22

euph_22 Well-Known Member

First: the N1 is an HTC, and they were almost certainly responsible for porting 2.2 to the N1 (which probably involved very little besides drivers).

Second: there is basically 1 version of the HTC UI while there are multiple versions of Blur for Motorola. Unless they pair that down to 1, that will slow them down a lot. And Samsung has NEVER put a priority on updating devices. And I'd put money that TouchWiz will be harder to upgrade than the others.

Third: the OEM has most of the responsibility for updating devices. HTC has every reason to try and push out 2.2 before everybody else. ESPECIALLY if it steals somebody else's thunder.

EDIT: Yeah...I'm going to edit my rambles a bit. Apparently that is what happens when I multitask. I'll just trim that down to the salient points.

And I missed the Droid 2 announcement about Froyo. Still doesn't change my argument THAT much. Unless all there ducks are in a row, they won't want to push out updates before that. Too much room to get them in trouble. So HTC has 2 more months to get froyo out. Pretty decent odds.
    EgoDogg likes this.
  3. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member

Lesson? Course?

What is this - finish the sentence game? ;)

True, N1 is an HTC Google collaborative.

False, Droid 2 is coming installed with Froyo.

True, we all have NO idea what we are talking about because everything is a rumor in this business until it happens. Thus, we all sound like ***** for arguing either way.

All we can do is hope. Or do something about - like call HTC and get in touch with the marketing executives.
    TokedUp and tluv00 like this.
  4. mrspeedmaster

mrspeedmaster Well-Known Member

We didn't pay for 720p. The phone wasn't advertised with those feature.

Don't feel too bad. Last year, when people ripped apart the iPhone 3GS, they found a chipset that also has the capabilities for HD recording. As we all know, that was never implemented.
  5. waynester

waynester Well-Known Member

720P and hotspot before battery/signal issues?

2 new services that hit the weak spots on Dinc.
    Does that sound like smart biz move?
  6. dguy

dguy Well-Known Member

You guys need to realize that HTC doesn't have just one team that works on one issue. They have all kinds of development going on and one feature being released doesn't mean they haven't been working on other stuff as well. It might take much less time for them to put out something like 720P than to fix reception issues. Would you rather them wait to release a new feature for no reason at all if it is done and ready to go?

On topic: I'll believe 720P video recording and Froyo coming soon when I see an official announcement and not before that.
    EgoDogg likes this.
  7. tluv00

tluv00 Well-Known Member

Check your grammar and spelling before offering lessons in anything. A) Nexus one is an HTC BUILD but not OS so big difference B) Droid will have Froyo before Inc C) Incredible is basically the red headed stepchild of the HTC family right now if you want to compare to their other devices and D) if you actually think HTC has no more devices coming out this year you are drunker than me right now which is saying something (and I still type better than you drunk and on an iPad).
  8. waynester

re who will get there first , things to ponder...
    Dinc is not in wide circulation yet, first back orders then switching to SLED screen, has severely hurt their numbers.
    Dinc battery and signal issues.
    Vzw might be a little pissed at htc for not securing contract to keep amoled screens supplied.
    Vzw has final go /no go word on any update from htc. They send it back to htc with their list of changes. So since a "go fast" update will not improve sales on a phone already on back order and vzw is already offering to change Dinc order to moto x maybe vzw is going to push moto x.
    Just food for thought
    tluv00 likes this.
  9. tluv00

tluv00 Well-Known Member

Me thinks the Dinc could be Done.
  10. waynester

+1 agree "red-headed step child"
    -1 for (admitting) using iPad
    TokedUp likes this.
  11. 06Stang

06Stang Well-Known Member

Yay little green keychain

[​IMG]
    jcoberg10 likes this.
  12. RawlingsSc

RawlingsSc Well-Known Member Contributor

Ooo, I want one! :D

Edit: Deleted the picture from the quote to help your photobucket. ;)
    cboahd and 06Stang like this.
  13. kborer22

kborer22 Well-Known Member

That thing is AMAZING! Man i need to find out where i can get one of those....
  14. contagous

contagous Well-Known Member

lol HTC meeting apparently :p Nice one Stang :)
  15. TokedUp

TokedUp Well-Known Member

"Yo, I believe him yo. I don't know why, but I do." -Scarface
  16. 06Stang

Go to an htc meeting and they hand em out. I can't find my keys so no picture of the red htc bottle opener
  17. waynester

haha very cool , I would even hang that from my mirror
  18. 06Stang

Ha ha you guys gotta stop quoting that or my photobucket will die by morning
  19. rockstar323

rockstar323 Well-Known Member

You can get them on ebay, also found a couple through google shopping.
  20. waynester

Android HTC Key Chain set

I want one to, but not for $20 ! mmm maybe I'll see if local vzw store has any hidden in backroom, one pretty cool guy that i know there .
    It really would look cool hanging on rearview mirror
  21. waynester

Yeah that's why i stopped using photobucket, for pics like this try image shack.
    have it as add-on for FF, i dont know if they ever delete

Thanks again for pic, very cool
  22. TaylorPelletier

TaylorPelletier Active Member

hahahah such a fitting username for that quote
  23. Tr1age

Tr1age Active Member

720p is the seller for me here!
  24. greenrolaids

greenrolaids Well-Known Member

all i have to say is..

Thx for the info.

Still might craigslist my incredible and buy the Droidx for full retail, that is if i can get $400 or more for my incred.....

What can i say, im a blossoming phone whore.
  25. tluv00

tluv00 Well-Known Member

Hahahahaha......well I guess I deserve that but I won the thing and as much as I hate Apple I like free stuff more :D