• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

alpha GB 2.3 aosp

Reactions: andygu3
Upvote 0
about to install the new TE, then the new recovery onto AOSP 0.9.9.2. In doing so, I found the directions on xda slightly inaccurate. The name of it in my app folder is com.androidterm.apk, not com.android.term.apk.

sucks when u realize that, because it takes a while for me to peck the mount command. was going to do it from adb on puter, but built new rig, so not installed, then needed jdk; started to get monotonous so just went to TE.

I have found a far more effective gui way of uninstalling system apps: titaniumbackup. is there any reason not to do it via titanium, the simpler way? only other gui app i've found to do it was es file explorer, but it was fickle and prone to buggy reaction when removing system apps (once upon a time).

Upvote 0
Is there a reason why you are posting this in this thread, has nothing to do with it ??

about to install the new TE, then the new recovery onto AOSP 0.9.9.2. In doing so, I found the directions on xda slightly inaccurate. The name of it in my app folder is com.androidterm.apk, not com.android.term.apk.

sucks when u realize that, because it takes a while for me to peck the mount command. was going to do it from adb on puter, but built new rig, so not installed, then needed jdk; started to get monotonous so just went to TE.

I have found a far more effective gui way of uninstalling system apps: titaniumbackup. is there any reason not to do it via titanium, the simpler way? only other gui app i've found to do it was es file explorer, but it was fickle and prone to buggy reaction when removing system apps (once upon a time).

Upvote 0
The 1/7/11 gapps are specific for the GB rom. In clockworkmod recovery, go to the partitions menu, format boot, system, data and cache, then wipe dalvik cache. Flash GB rom, then the gapps, then reboot
why is that andygu3? i tired that 1/7.11 on aosp 9.9.2 and it wouldn't allow market, gmail, etc. to load. rebooted to 3.0.0.5 recovery thinking i would just go back to 12.12.10 gapps (day before the new market I think) and now in endless boot loom, nandroids are not working; all started w/ that stupid gapps.

there is now a 1.15.2011 up on cyanogen wiki; would that not also work on the Hero, or at least supposed to? i'm just confused now because i thought the mdpis were universal and should work on 2.2 or 2.3 aosp. :thinking::eek:

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
No I believe they are propitiatory to each, I posted the Dec 13 Gapps for you again, let us know how you make out

why is that andygu3? i tired that 1/7.11 on aosp 9.9.2 and it wouldn't allow market, gmail, etc. to load. rebooted to 3.0.0.5 recovery thinking i would just go back to 12.12.10 gapps (day before the new market I think) and now in endless boot loom, nandroids are not working; all started w/ that stupid gapps.

there is now a 1.15.2011 up on cyanogen wiki; would that not also work on the Hero, or at least supposed to? i'm just confused now because i thought the mdpis were universal and should work on 2.2 or 2.3 aosp. :thinking::eek:

Upvote 0
ok....Only flaw I have found in newest release (except for same old things...camera) is the No Frills CM CPU - Caused freezing and reboots....i DELETED AND HAVE GONE BACK TO SET cpU - ALSO - hotru 'S new kernal....included in the ROM Can handle 19mhz like decas can from Ver.2

I still use OC widget, works fine for me

JIT is now disabled and VM Heap is lowered to 16m

Upvote 0
Thanks Don. Long story short, Gapps (from 12.12 or 12.13) would not update the market and I never really tried to fix it until recently. I tried to both manually upgrade (via apk) and via flash, but this was after downgrading to amon_ra as cwm 3.0.0.5 backups both failed me (not renamed or anything) after installing that GB gapps and attempting to recover due to inoperable market/gmail et. al.

amon's recovery for Hero doesn't allow one to toggle signature verification, so it would abort. restoring the recovery I now loathe and will never use again (CWM 3.0.0.5) would not fix the problem either as it was complaining about some sort of deprecated scripting used for the newest vending.apk onlne for flash (2.2.11), so downgraded to green text CWM and flashed that way (after toggling sig verification of course) and all is well now.

I would not trust any backup left to CWM 3.0.0.5 if I were any of you, hahah! 1st and last time I ever relied on 3.0.0.5, and wondering if I'm foolish to think the previous version will be there when I need it most.

Upvote 0
Thanks Don. Long story short, Gapps (from 12.12 or 12.13) would not update the market and I never really tried to fix it until recently. I tried to both manually upgrade (via apk) and via flash, but this was after downgrading to amon_ra as cwm 3.0.0.5 backups both failed me (not renamed or anything) after installing that GB gapps and attempting to recover due to inoperable market/gmail et. al.

amon's recovery for Hero doesn't allow one to toggle signature verification, so it would abort. restoring the recovery I now loathe and will never use again (CWM 3.0.0.5) would not fix the problem either as it was complaining about some sort of deprecated scripting used for the newest vending.apk onlne for flash (2.2.11), so downgraded to green text CWM and flashed that way (after toggling sig verification of course) and all is well now.

I would not trust any backup left to CWM 3.0.0.5 if I were any of you, hahah! 1st and last time I ever relied on 3.0.0.5, and wondering if I'm foolish to think the previous version will be there when I need it most.

v2.5.0.1 has not failed me, hence why I have not tried v3.0.0.5 yet. And yes, no troubles with flashing GB and I now have the latest market, thanks to the google servers

Upvote 0
ok....Only flaw I have found in newest release (except for same old things...camera) is the No Frills CM CPU - Caused freezing and reboots....i DELETED AND HAVE GONE BACK TO SET cpU - ALSO - hotru 'S new kernal....included in the ROM Can handle 19mhz like decas can from Ver.2

The no frills app works great here, strange mahalo:thinking: Went ahead and deleted oc widget for now

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones