• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

alpha GB 2.3 aosp

IMO;)Flashing the new recovery is recommended but not required to try the aospGBMod rom

Again, I am using v2.5.0.1 ClockworkMod and having no issues flashing GB. Here are the steps I took.

Boot to recovery
Go to Partitions menu
Format boot
Format system
Format cache
Format data
DO NOT FORMAT SD CARD

Wipe data/factory reset
Wipe cache partition
Go to advanced, press it, wipe Dalvik cache then press back

Flash GB rom
Flash GB Gapps

Reboot phone

Upvote 0
Now you know why Andy and I have stayed with 2.5, I have simply passed the info on as mention by the Dev, and I have not even tested the past 5 releases, I have decided my phone is working fine, and will wait for a final release as I am good for now, still would like to know though in anyone has been able to make a conference call on GB ??

Helpful Hint -
If you have flashed the newest Recovery....DONT try to flash back to 2.5 - -
BORK....bad things happen

Upvote 0
Yes, I can confirm that the camera works in the latest 01/22/11 release. :D:D:D:D:D

This has officially gotten interesting. Time to look into finally flashing it. I'm none to keen on changing my recovery though. Maybe I'll try it with the one I have now first and see how it goes. Either way, stoked to check this ROM out finally! :D

Upvote 0
Yes, I can confirm that the camera works in the latest 01/22/11 release. :D:D:D:D:D
what's still broke, if anything? pls. compare to 9.9.2 for stability if you would please. i'm excited to upgrade to this, but i've had my fair share of phone woes as of late and don't have the time to troubleshoot and hotfix.

what i find funny is i thought froyo was a huge improvement for the hero, and now i find the speed lacking... i need FASTER! Is this faster on Hero than Froyo?!

Upvote 0
No need to change your recovery, 2.5 works just fine for now

This has officially gotten interesting. Time to look into finally flashing it. I'm none to keen on changing my recovery though. Maybe I'll try it with the one I have now first and see how it goes. Either way, stoked to check this ROM out finally! :D

Upvote 0
I'm not on CWM 2.5. I'm still on my old RA recovery. I have ROM Manager DL'd, I just haven't taken the plunge yet and flashed the CWM recovery. I'll probably do it tonight. I wanna try out the Gingerbread. :)

Let us know how it goes. I still have not made the switch over to ClockworkMod recovery either.

I have been a bit leary of going to the latest version, which is 3.0.0.5, because I keep hearing people have issues restoring Nandroid backups. I hope this is not truly the case.

Upvote 0
I'm not on CWM 2.5. I'm still on my old RA recovery. I have ROM Manager DL'd, I just haven't taken the plunge yet and flashed the CWM recovery. I'll probably do it tonight. I wanna try out the Gingerbread. :)

Like I posted above v2.5.0.1 will work, just follow the steps I took and you should be fine;)

Upvote 0
what's still broke, if anything? pls. compare to 9.9.2 for stability if you would please. i'm excited to upgrade to this, but i've had my fair share of phone woes as of late and don't have the time to troubleshoot and hotfix.

what i find funny is i thought froyo was a huge improvement for the hero, and now i find the speed lacking... i need FASTER! Is this faster on Hero than Froyo?!

IMO, yes:D:D

Upvote 0
So, everything is pretty smooth. The speed is good. My few "complaints" so far are that I can't figure out how to get my mp3 to be a ringtone, I can't get FB to sync the pictures for my contacts, the dialer kind of sucks, and I miss some of the sense widgets, specifically, the 3g toggle, the calendar, and the weather/clock. I'm gonna stick it out for a while though and see if I can adjust. Oh, and my swiftkey and swype keyboards do not work. The stock is OK so far, but I miss my other ones. Anyway, my complaints are minor, and I think I can adjust. So far, Gingerbread is pretty neat, and feature packed. I'll keep updating as other things come up.

Upvote 0
Weather clock try Fancy widget, looks pretty much the same, also download Launcher Pro

So, everything is pretty smooth. The speed is good. My few "complaints" so far are that I can't figure out how to get my mp3 to be a ringtone, I can't get FB to sync the pictures for my contacts, the dialer kind of sucks, and I miss some of the sense widgets, specifically, the 3g toggle, the calendar, and the weather/clock. I'm gonna stick it out for a while though and see if I can adjust. Oh, and my swiftkey and swype keyboards do not work. The stock is OK so far, but I miss my other ones. Anyway, my complaints are minor, and I think I can adjust. So far, Gingerbread is pretty neat, and feature packed. I'll keep updating as other things come up.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones