Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

1. ryancmatchett

ryancmatchett VIP Member VIP Member

just stopping by to say its finally the weekend....gonna change the brakes on the suv, then take kids to the beach for the afternoon. Gonna be a good day!!
    And then tonight...chicken stroganoff in the crockpot, apple pie and watching a movie...or maybe some video games with the kids....definitely glad its Saturday!!
  2. Copacetic

Copacetic Well-Known Member

Happy Saturday Everyone!
  3. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! Moderator

Happy Saturday! The sun is out, the vacuuming is done, the dishes are done and my parents come home today!
  4. CaptainRon

CaptainRon Well-Known Member

The good news is today its Saturday. The bad news (IMO) is we spring the clocks forward an hour tonight.
    ryancmatchett likes this.
  5. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Sounds like you're already on a roll. I used to be a go getter in the mornings, but now I'm just a lounger :rolleyes:
  6. ryancmatchett

I know this question might stir up some controversy but wanted to ask among friends....
    I have been more into programming, software and hardware for computers and networks...always, and never really got into the gaming on PC's and refused the consoles until we got a wii. But with my recent PC build I really wanted something capable of PC gaming. My son is at the age where gaming has become fascinating, and I want to be able to play more games..with him and on my own, so I built this newest PC with that in mind.
    But now I have no idea what games to actually buy for me to play....if anyone is a PC gamer, what suggestions would you have? A friend of mine is really into console and pc gaming, his newest addiction is skyrim, which I will probably pick up next week, but what else could I get??.....keep in mind that the last PC game I actually played was the original duke nukem. We already have the games for the kids, but now I want something for me!!!
    Thanks for the help!
  7. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

jmar and ryancmatchett like this.
  8. BabyBlues

It was only out of necessity. Fell asleep last night before I got everything done and when the dog woke me up I just stayed up. I abhor mornings.

I'm a sap so I'll subscribe. Maybe in the future I'll be able to contribute.
    breadnatty08 likes this.
  9. Copacetic

I definitely can not help with this, the last video game I played was Pacman
    On a console table in a pizza parlor years, and I mean years, ago. Lol
    jmar and ryancmatchett like this.
  10. IHateMyTreo

IHateMyTreo Well-Known Member

What, no posts in over SIX hours?!?! :eek:

Don't tell me that everyone is spending time outside with family and friends, maybe even BBQ'ing? Driving fast cars? Drinking beer (not while driving)? Making burgers or tacos? :rolleyes:
  11. ryancmatchett

Changed the brakes on the car, the air filter and wiper blades, and the vacuum lines for the window washer and the pumps for the front and back washer sprayers this morning...lunch and naps done...now off to the beach....so yeah..outside with family all day!!!
  12. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

Thank goodness - I thought it was my internet connection down!

BTW: CONGRATULATIONS on 9000+ posts in a mere three months! :D
    jmar, Frisco, BabyBlues and 1 other person like this.
  13. IHateMyTreo

We'll need photos of everything :D
  14. IHateMyTreo

Oh, the quarters I fed into that machine. Just to get up to the pineapple level.
  15. BabyBlues

Just had a delicious meal with the family to celebrate mom and dad being home.
    Unforgiven, jmar and Frisco like this.
  16. quiklives

quiklives Well-Known Member

Argh - I have the money set aside for it, just waiting for the %$&# thing to actually exist! I have an A500 and it's too big and clunky (though it's running ICS, which is nice), and I am just soaking up every rumor I can about the upcoming Nexus tablet and waiting. I've had a few "SHUTUPANDTAKEMYMONEY" moments reading these articles...

With a Nexus phone, the desire for a Nexus tablet is stronger, and I really like the 7 inch form factor. Started with a Nook Color running CM7 and it was nice, but it was still very limited.
    AntimonyER likes this.
  17. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Sounds sweet, BB. :)
    BabyBlues likes this.
  18. Metroid Prime

Metroid Prime Oil Can!!! Oil Can!!! VIP Member

Hello everyone!
  19. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

How does it run on ICS? I have an A500 too, and can't wait for that next month. I hope it runs well on it. I actually like the feel, just wish it was a little lighter.

So took the kids to the Claxton Rattlesnake Round-up today. Its about as country as it gets, but its cool to see the big rattlers. They also have a bunch of wildlife conservation groups there will reptiles and snakes to look at and pet. They all fell in love with my daughter, who absolutely loves snakes, turtles, and lizards. She got all kinds of extra animal time, and they all thought for sure she would be a herpetologist when she grows up.

I made a breaded pork chop tonight, with mashed potatoes and fresh steamed green beans for dinner tonight. The pork chop was awesome, panko with parmesan cheese, rosemary, and lemon zest in the breading.
    jmar and BabyBlues like this.
  20. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

WOW! :eek:

Google Play Market has some great apps on sale!

I just picked up Soundhound and Paper Camera for a whopping 49 cents each!

Soundhound is like Shazam but better: you can sing or even HUM a tune into it and it'll identify the song... and link to lyrics.

Paper Camera? Just go look at it and BUY it. You can select an animation style and frame your shot LIVE on the fly... and then when it's all perfect, take the picture. FORTY-NINE CENTS!

For those of you without SwiftkeyX keyboard: it's 49 cents too!

I cannot recommend these three apps highly enough... and for 1.47 for all three, there is NO WAY to go wrong.

:D
    jmar likes this.
  21. vandyman

vandyman Well-Known Member

Yeah!, I picked up a couple of .49 apps.

There is a complete Rolling Stones album for .25 :)
  22. Copacetic

Memories!
    IHateMyTreo likes this.
  23. vandyman

vandyman Well-Known Member

Pac Man, Ms. Pac Man, Space Invaders, Donkey Kong, Astroids, and Pinball.
    More quarters please....;)
    IHateMyTreo and ryancmatchett like this.
  24. Copacetic

Pinball wins!
    vandyman and IHateMyTreo like this.
  25. IHateMyTreo

OMG, yes Copacetic! I was addicted to a classic pinball machine called "Fireball." And I owned a "Terminator 2" pinball machine that had been chipped so the audio had Arnold saying some things that could not be repeated here :eek:
    vandyman likes this.