• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

GameBoid Compatibility List.

gameboid does not have the ability to use gameshark codes. at least not directly. if you google gameboid gameshark, you will come across various posts of people using vba (visual boy advance) to use permament codes (more money, stat hacking, pokemon, etc). Keep in mind, this uses the in game save, not a save state. I haven't tried this, so I don't know how easy it is, but I bet you can get help if you have problems from whatever forum you find the info.

Upvote 0
hey does anybody know if gameboid has the ability to use gameshark or any type of codes..ive been looking and no luck finding any answers..im assuming it might be a negative but im hoping not..contact back plz thnx

Ues a computer emulator such as visual boy advanced and put them on there then put the sav on your sd this will not work for temperary cheats

Upvote 0
KI did dl gba_bios.bin file from both a link in this thread and another from rapidshare but after opening gameboid I clidck browse go to down load and click the gba white page and it goes back to browse or cancel. Idk if I mised something I'm not unziping the bin file. it won't work for nes or snes either.

Upvote 0
Hmm...so nesoid and snesoid aren't working either, right? that's weird. start another thread that explains the problems you are having. I will look at it there as well as it might get others to look at it as well. People who might know what the problem is might not check this thread because of the title of the thread. Oh, and post a link to the thread please.

Upvote 0
Other than Phantasy Star Collection, I have only tested the following games in so far as they run fine through start up and to where I have controlled. I haven't played very far in any.

Final Fantasy I-II: Dawn of Souls

Final Fantasy V

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance

Fire Emblem

Phantasy Star Collection

Can anyone confirm Final Fantasy Tactics Advance? It worked on pocketgba until the first temple which has a video cutscene that has weird graphics. (A black portal thing that sucks you in).

Upvote 0
Don't have time to color code or link to wiki, but the following run perfectly so add them to the green list:

Star Wars: Jedi Power Battles
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance
Contra Advance: The Alien Wars
Bionicle: Maze of Shadow
Crash Bandicoot - XS
Dynasty Warriors Advance
Pitfall - The Mayan Adventure
Prince of Persia - The Sands of Time
Racing Gears Advance
Sonic Battle
GT Advance 2

Upvote 0
@flaring afro: do u know where I can get a save state for that? I can test it out then. Also, just for grins, have you tried the trick mentioned above that makes kingdom hearts work?

I still have a windows mobile phone (waiting for either the N1 or the Incredible to come to verizon). I was just curious. That trick did not work in pocketgba but that was a lot less developed than gameboid. Was just curious because it's hours into the game but still keeps you from getting far.

Upvote 0
I am not sure. I haven't played long enough to get to that part. If it doesn't work, you can always email the dev. He is really good about responding quickly. Hopefully, someone who has played the game on an android device will chime in. It sounds like you are going to get an android device in any case. You can always download the "lite" version of the app and see if things work. The only difference, afaik, between the lite and paid is the paid enables "save states", meaning you can save the game at any time. You can still save in-game, using the game's save options in the "lite" version.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones