• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [KERNEL][MS870][LOKI] Freedom Kernel Overclocked

Thanks, I'll begin building now. ;)

Quick tip for everyone....
You don't need to unbrick if something goes wrong. If you have PG's recovery installed, from power off hold power & vol- until a screen pops up saying if you want to reset. Agree to everything, don't worry it will not reset, it will then boot you into CWM recovery and you can flash another kernel or restore a backup.

Weird. I did that to flash the oc kernel and my phone didn't say nothing about reset. It just went straight into the recovery. And I already had removed the 2nd init.

Upvote 0
Welp this seems to be a 50/50. Works for some and not for others. :(

I did set the voltages low. Perhaps that's why it wont boot for some of you guys. Maybe your phones need a little more voltage to boot.

I'll build a new version with a little more voltage and see if anyone would test.

Ill test agen bro

Reactions: GameTheory
Upvote 0
That no frills CPU app is kinda of glitchy. I'll go into and it would say 1.5 again then I'll exit and restart and it's Bank at 1.7.
I use SetCPU with ondemand governor and CFQ schedular.

Setcpu is like $2 to $3

I suggested no frills cuz out of the free apps it had the highest rating.

Or I could just be that you'll need a kernel with a little higher voltage which I'm building right now. lol

Upvote 0
I use SetCPU with ondemand governor and CFQ schedular.

Setcpu is like $2 to $3

I suggested no frills cuz out of the free apps it had the highest rating.

Or I could just be that you'll need a kernel with a little higher voltage which I'm building right now. lol

Pimp my ROM app you can set and adjust CPU all you need and more for free.

Reactions: OptimusSlime
Upvote 0
Android over clock looks nice. I'll try it for a min or so

This app does not work. It crashes when trying to select speed :(

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1374350494113.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1374350494113.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 118
Upvote 0
You guys should look into "Android Tuner" or "System Tuner Pro". With these apps you can set everything you are looking for, however it also lets you set tweaks like screen off governor and cpu settings kinda like the ANTHRAX kernels had the screen-off feature. I made the max cpu at "486" when screen is off and my phone lasts a good couple days without charging.

Also GT if you need anything tested I would be more than happy as well!

Upvote 0
Went back to check oc settings and there back to 1.78 again. Very strange LoL
The thermald.conf file is a heat safety net for the phone. If your phone gets too hot the thermald.conf will kick in and lower the clock.

I'm always in an air conditioned place so it hasn't happened to me. However when I ran a stress test on max for about 10 minutes it went back to 1.5xx then I just clicked on 1.7xx and was back.

Upvote 0
The thermald.conf file is a heat safety net for the phone. If your phone gets too hot the thermald.conf will kick in and lower the clock.

I'm always in an air conditioned place so it hasn't happened to me. However when I ran a stress test on max for about 10 minutes it went back to 1.5xx then I just clicked on 1.7xx and was back.

LoL strange. My room is 70

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones