• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LG G3 Pre-release/Rumor/Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If G3 comes with 2Gb RAM, SD801 processor as recent rumors suggest, instead of 3Gb/SD805, I think that massive 2K screen would be more taxing on it. that would hinder graphic performance down below M8, S5 level.

That's precisely what I was thinking. At any rate, its hardly a major update over the G2. But, its always important to remember, nothing is official until the officials say its official. :D

So my hope for higher specs continues. I can say with near certainty though, if it does end up being an 801 and 2 GB ram, I will be holding onto my G2 which I know without a doubt will be rooted for the duration of its existence as my daily device.

Upvote 0
It's hard to hope for a huge update since the G2 is a major beast and still competes with all of the flagships released in 2014.

Except I was forced to sell my G2 when I got 2GB left warning notification.
Had they had SDXC card slot, I would certainly keep it.

I want all my music, all my photos and a few videos on my phone.

Also, can you tell LG to get rid of the damn onscreen buttons? They eat up a chunk of the screen real estate for sure.

Upvote 0
It's hard to hope for a huge update since the G2 is a major beast and still competes with all of the flagships released in 2014.

I can dig that logic, its sound. The possibility exists that we have reached the point in phone technology advancement that I cannot, or rarely will, be swayed by one year's advancements. I was just hoping this device might become that rarity. :)

But, there is one argument I can't seem to rectify in my mind. When the GNote3 has 3 GB ram with a 9/13 release...why would LG's 2014 flagship have 2 GB? I mean I might be able to concede the 805, that was admittedly hopeful. But I don't get the ram. And its not like we're only talking a few months difference here. We don't know release date yet obviously but we're already north of 6 months and counting.

Upvote 0
OnePlusOne and new Oppo Find are quite tempting in terms of specs. But I wouldn't jump on new players like them until their hardware/software quality, update supports are proven.

I think putting SD805 is more big deal than 3Gb RAM in G3. With KitKat 2Gb should be fine, but it needs extra GPU power to run that huge extra pixels in 2K screen smoothly.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Rumors about the G3 have been coming in fast and furious for the better part of three weeks.

My guess is that the G3 will have 3GB of ram (as opposed to 2GB), and a 13 megapixel camera (as opposed to 16 -or in the case of one absurd rumor- 20).

Rumors concerning the processor have included Qualcomm's 805, LG's Odin, and Mediatek's MT6595. Any of those three will find me a very happy man.

However, if the processor ends up being Qualcomm's 801, I will be gravely disappointed - perhaps to the extent of being a dealbreaker.

We shall see.

Reactions: Steven58
Upvote 0
I just don't know what it would take for me to leave my G2. It's been perfectly fine on Beanstalk (CM11 variant). The camera could be better in low light, but that's asking a lot. And no, I don't want some stupid "ultra pixel" whatever. :p
Battery life is solid (please keep wireless charging and at that, on all the variants). A microSD is probably the only thing since Nandroids are killing my storage. Water-proof/resistant would be nice. The screen is already gorgeous enough; I'd take a higher resolution but only if the batter life wouldn't diminish.
I guess the big thing is, I really can't take a larger phone. I was super close to pulling the trigger on a Note 3, but it was just too damn big. If it is really >5.2", it's a no sell for me. :(

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones