• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Motorola Triumph Jelly Bean Please Sign Up!

Vm does not want us to get ics that would make us keep our phones and $25 plans instead of upgrading to a new phone that wont get the $25 plan

Yes but VM would rather have $25 than $0. The $100 rebate only applies to Motorola phones. The Triumph is the only Motorola phone in Virgin Mobile's line-up. Therefore, it is more likely that if someone takes the $100 rebate they will use it to get a phone on a different carrier. Also I assume you meant Jellybean not ICS. Either way, We have both an ICS and JB ROM here and the devs are making progress everyday. Soon we will have fully working ROMs which means our phones will practically be updated anyways. We are eventually getting ICS or JB with or without Google/Motorola/VM's help. It would be nice if they would help and it would make things a lot easier, but they aren't stopping MTDEV's updates. However by them helping the devs will get there faster and it will be regarded as a good move on Google/Motorola's part and that is what I hope they realize.

Upvote 0
Well if that's the case then will all take the $100 and upgrade and leave, and I know VM doesn't want that. Based on my little math a few posts up its in VM's best intrest to keep us all paying at $25 then no $25. So they will do whats right by customers and right by keeping the pockets lined with the green.

Upvote 0
Reactions: g60madman
Upvote 0
I was feeling pretty good about getting JB until I read this at the bottom of the sign up page:

2 Official program details will be found at this site at a future date. $100 provided in the form of a Gift Card, carrier credit or other cash equivalent at Motorola's sole discretion.

Maybe we could end up with Virgin Mobile credit (a few free months of service). Or am I reading that wrong?

Just sayin' :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I was feeling pretty good about getting JB until I read this at the bottom of the sign up page:

2 Official program details will be found at this site at a future date. $100 provided in the form of a Gift Card, carrier credit or other cash equivalent at Motorola's sole discretion.

Maybe we could end up with Virgin Mobile credit (a few free months of service). Or am I reading that wrong?

Just sayin' :rolleyes:

I think it is definitely more likely that we will get some kind of credit than actually get a JB update, but the way I look at it, let's take what we can get, right?!

Upvote 0
I signed up as well. Even though I plan on ditching the Triumph for an iPhone very soon, I feel Motorola owes it to those of you who still use it! Also, Android needs to be better about updates in general.

It'll be interesting to see if the release of the new iPhone will knock the prices of the 4 & 4S down a little- would certainly make them a lot more appealing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones