• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Official EVO Rumors and Speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
if anybody wants to know if they will have 4g coverage, look on this website and type in your state. there might be wimax towers in your area but sprint probably doesnt have them on their site. TowerCo
Yeah i posted that a while back. Now in my town there is only one Sprint wimax tower, but alot of other towers. What I do not know is if Sprint will use those towers. If so then NYC is all but set up. :D

HTC EVO 4G shows up in Sprint inventory, shots of the accessories surface -- Engadget

this makes me laugh, some people actually think thats the right price
Speaking of that offsite image, I looked for anything on that ID number and funny that Google came back with a Speed test over at dslreports on April 9th with someone using the EVO.

TS out

Reactions: Supersonical
Upvote 0
if anybody wants to know if they will have 4g coverage, look on this website and type in your state. there might be wimax towers in your area but sprint probably doesnt have them on their site. TowerCo

Whats up THEFORCE, thanks for the website, it shows a tower 4 blocks from my house, should i be excited?....In other words do those towers belong to Sprint? and are those towers going to be utilize for 4g?

Again thanks for the website...:cool:

Upvote 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by polkadots
So you mean I won't have to find ... ahem ... cerative ways to supplement my income to buy this bad boy?;)

If you were to do that you'd raise enough to buy the entire forum an EVO.

I don't get it, are we talking about creative like arts and crafts, or like bj's in back alleys... Seriously I'm confused.

Reactions: Mike_Diako
Upvote 0
Whats up THEFORCE, thanks for the website, it shows a tower 4 blocks from my house, should i be excited?....In other words do those towers belong to Sprint? and are those towers going to be utilize for 4g?

Again thanks for the website...:cool:
they might belong to sprint but if not, they will probably lease that tower for a 4g signal

Reactions: markos_pena
Upvote 0
Humm... 4G should come home to NYC sometime this Fall, the towers are actually already up (at least in the Staten Island area) I'm still getting the Evo although if the 4G service costs extra I'll hold off on the add-on until I know it's working at the right speed.
My take is the EVO will come out early Summer and 4G comes to NYC early fall.

TS out

Upvote 0
Humm... 4G should come home to NYC sometime this Fall, the towers are actually already up (at least in the Staten Island area) I'm still getting the Evo although if the 4G service costs extra I'll hold off on the add-on until I know it's working at the right speed.

So in the Staten Island area the 4G towers are already up?? sayy worddddddddd!!!!? NY will get it sooner then you know it and itll be booming! :D one step at a time and like they say....good things come to who those wait....sorta lol

Upvote 0
Along with our new insider saying talking about other devices i have a little paragraph for you. I know he cant say but i can! hahaha

There are a ton of devices coming Sprint's way. The Evo kind of opens the flood gates so to speak. By the end of the year there will be a toal of 10 WiMAX devices! isn't taht crazy! Don't be fooled though, the Supersonic will be the flagship of Sprint AND HTC for atleast another 6-8 months. This summer there will be the LG LS680, that device we thought we would see at CES. However in a late decison, they decided to make it WiMAX. It'll have a 3.7" screen android 2.5 and a keyboard. Still Nothing to the Evo, atleast from what i have been told.

Then you have the Plam c40 another 4G keyboarded device. This is the one which is supposedly destined to turn the company around. I'm an android guy but for webos this should do something

There is also a device from moto. I have noo idea what this one is. It just kind of came out of the wood work. I assume it will be something like the moto shadow which is basically the droid 2 or Nexus 2 depending on what u see it as. Google that one up its pretty sick.

Then next year we have the ULTA device soming to sprint. Yepp this will be the HTC Scorpion. This bad boy will be the first Mobile Device with a 1.5 ghz processor. I dont know if thats necessary but the idea behind it will be to have a laptop, mp3, tv, movie theater, camera, video recorder and much more all in your pocket. HTC is working on a sick new type of screen for it too. It will more than likely me keyboarded. This is what will be, for what is now dubbed as the "evo 2". Its gonna be a beast.

Ohh and Drex the tourny went well. We crushed a few good teams and came in second overall!

Thanks for your support

Jackson

I'm speechless!!! Anybody interested in some sprint stocks?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones