• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Official EVO Rumors and Speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
ahhh!!!!! Sprint Sending Out Invitations to HTC EVO 4G Event May 12th | AndroidGuys

may 12th may 12th may 12th.

sorry. i'm excited.

okay now that i'm looking over it again i'm not sure if it's real... for one, the evo pictured has a red grill which is not supposed to be in the final version. i guess we'll see if any other sites are reporting the same invite.

Upvote 0
ahhh!!!!! Sprint Sending Out Invitations to HTC EVO 4G Event May 12th | AndroidGuys

sorry. i'm excited.

okay now that i'm looking over it again i'm not sure if it's real... for one, the evo pictured has a red grill which is not supposed to be in the final version. i guess we'll see if any other sites are reporting the same invite.

looks insanely fake, BUT if Engadget, Gizmodo, or Boygenius report it I will believe it a little more...JUST a little lol

Upvote 0

sorry. i'm excited.

Haha, it's really silly, why would they pair up with Disney to show off the EVO and Prince Of Persia early? Seems very fishy.

Unless Dan Hesse thinks Jake Gyllenhaal's ripping biceps will draw attention from the Iphone and the EVO.

I can see Dan now: "Just like the blockbuster hit of the Summer, Prince Of Persia, our competitors will surely wish they could use the sands of time to rewind time, as our HTC EVO will demolish the competition."

Upvote 0
If you remember from CTIA, Sprint was showing off the EVO's 720p HDMl ability by streaming a trailer for Prince of Persia out to a large HD flatscreen. Perhaps this cooperation between Disney & Sprint has been planned all along? I wonder also if there might be some kind of media bundling, like T-Mobile has done with the HD2 and Transformers.

Haha, it's really silly, why would they pair up with Disney to show off the EVO and Prince Of Persia early? Seems very fishy.

Unless Dan Hesse thinks Jake Gyllenhaal's ripping biceps will draw attention from the Iphone and the EVO.

I can see Dan now: "Just like the blockbuster hit of the Summer, Prince Of Persia, our competitors will surely wish they could use the sands of time to rewind time, as our HTC EVO will demolish the competition."

Upvote 0
I was just thinking that The Sprint facebook page might have something to do with the android update to the moment and hero. rumored to be the 16th and now is may 12th. I hope that is not it because I am hungry for the EVO. Or a double event would be nice.:D

Or a double android update event, the EVO to 2.5, and the others to 2.1.

Upvote 0
Every person that received an invitation to that EVO 4g event should be very afraid. I can only speak for myself, but I would bet that many people here are freaking crazy enough about this device that they would beat up and rob someone we knew was holding a "golden ticket" that could get us into the same room with Hesse and a have a chance to play with the EVO before it's released. I don't care at all about prince of persia, I would just ignore the screening and play with the phone for the whole two hours, or sit next to Hesse asking every question I could think of and offering my advise for how sprint should be run while he's trying to focus on jake gyllenhall. For me, that invitation is the equivalent of what a huge crack rock is to Tyrone Biggums.

[sharpening my shank]

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
or sit next to Hesse asking every question I could think of and offering my advise for how sprint should be run while he's trying to focus on jake gyllenhall. For me, that invitation is the equivalent of what a huge crack rock is to Tyrone Biggums.

Maybe it is just because it is really late, but I keep picturing Tyrone sitting next to Dan Hesse in a movie theatre asking him all kinds of silly questions and calling him Joe Rogan.
"Hey Joe Rogan, I got this invitation, is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway? I'm trying to get some crack rocks."
"Hey Joe Rogan, how does wifi work?"
And then he would slowly, secretly steal Dan's Evo 4G and sell it for crack.
The end.

Upvote 0
I have a little bit of a concern that i have not heard brought up about the EVO. Currently this phone is able to do 4G/WiMAX however, what happens if sprint decides to use LTE instead since they said that they will do it for the greater good if the market goes in that direction. Will they stop the deployments of 4G in the new areas? Sorry if i sound dumb here but it crossed my mind. Is the radio able to be updated in the EVO to support LTE if this is truly the future? The EVO wont do us any good if they go full LTE and it doesn't support it. :(

You bring up a valid point, even though not likely Sprint would move in that direction of LTE. Point in fact is the discussion currently going on with Clear WiMax and Sprint. Sprint has filed to purchase Clear WiMax aka (Take over) AT&T has filed a injuction to stop the deal going through (of course!) under the pretense Sprint would then have a monopoly on 4G Technology. <Raise a toast to Sprint and them having a 4G Monopoly>
I mean Sprint did the right thing by spending their R&D moolah and providing a better product (4G) to their consumers, while AT&T just made there executives wallets fat! Sprint=FTW, AT&T=PWND:eek:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones