• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

*** Official Motorola Droid X Pre-Release Thread***

I know that higher megapixels doesn't necessarily mean a better picture. But wouldnt using a 1.3mp cam or whatever it is look like total shit anyways? I remember noticing a big difference between my old 1 or 2mp cams as opposed to my 3-5mp cams.
Not really. You can only display ~0.4MP (480x800) on your phone, so you really don't need more from the camera.

Reactions: androy
Upvote 0
Hey guys, I'd hate to see this thread get as cluttered as the HTC Incredible pre-release thread.... If you weren't trying to follow that thread then let me explain: if you were away from it for more than 15 to 30 minutes without checking, you'd have to sift through about 2 full pages to see if you had missed anything. Consiquently this generate more "what did I miss" posts followed by "read before posting" posts and the cycle just continued.

^ Sorry for the diatribe, but I just want to point out that the erroneous off-topic posts may be better placed elsewhere in the forum.

Maybe if everyone can make an effort to decrease their off-topic chatter for a little bit and wait for more hands on info from maddigital, we can avoid spamming issues with this thread. :)

EDIT: I want to make sure people understand I'm not picking on anyone. I'm not even trying to pick out erroneous posts. Just trying to get everyone to think about the relevance of what they're posting to this thread's original purpose. Ok, now I'm done lol.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
This all makes me really curious about the Droid 2. With the Droid being Motorola's keynote device, surely they will make it as good if not better than the Shadow. Either way, I'm glad to see Motorola working its way out of that hole they dug for themselves.

Over at HoFo, Bill23 said that "they are twins, nuff said"... this makes me think that they will have the same stuff inside, just different stuff outside (diff screen sizes, keyboard, etc.)

Upvote 0
Over at HoFo, Bill23 said that "they are twins, nuff said"... this makes me think that they will have the same stuff inside, just different stuff outside (diff screen sizes, keyboard, etc.)
Since that was right after some discussion about processors, I think he was just referring to the processor (i.e. not camera, etc).

Upvote 0
Do you not have any friends and/or a girlfriend/wife? I use my webcam all the time and would also use a front facing camera often...

Yes I do but I never would use it. I would rather talk to them on the phone since thats what the phone is for. But I still don't think this phone is going to have one but it would be sort of cool i guess.

Upvote 0
Ok so you can take this for what its worth but I talked to someone in the know and this is what they told me

4.3" AM-OLED
1Ghz Snapdragon
512rom + 16Gb built in
512Ram
No Keyboard
8Mp camera
Front facing camera
802.11n
3.5mm Headphone jack
BT 2.1 + EDR

So this is what I have heard from someone I would consider "In The Know". I hope this person is right :)

Upvote 0
Ok so you can take this for what its worth but I talked to someone in the know and this is what they told me

- 4.3" AM-OLED
- 1Ghz Snapdragon
- 512rom + 16Gb built in
- 512Ram
- No Keyboard
- 8Mp camera
- Front facing camera
- 802.11n
- 3.5mm Headphone jack
- BT 2.1 + EDR

So this is what I have heard from someone I would consider "In The Know". I hope this person is right :)

Per HoFo insiders, some of these specs are contrary to what is being stated over there:

1. Tablet form-factor
  2. 4.1" TFT FWVGA screen
  3. Texas Instruments OMAP 3630 Processor
  4. 2MB built in memory
  5. Android 2.1, with soon-to-follow upgrade to 2.2
  6. Moto BLUR with updates such as BLUR community chat <
  7. 8 MP camera
  8. 720p recording
  9. 1080p output via HDMI port
  10. ~9mm thick
  11. Releasing in July
Who to beleive?!?!:thinking:

Upvote 0
Per HoFo insiders, this is contrary to what is being stated over there:

1. <LI itxtvisited="1">Tablet form-factor <LI itxtvisited="1">4.1" TFT FWVGA screen <LI itxtvisited="1">Texas Instruments OMAP 3630 Processor <LI itxtvisited="1">2MB built in memory <LI itxtvisited="1">Android 2.1, with soon-to-follow upgrade to 2.2 <LI itxtvisited="1">Moto BLUR with updates such as BLUR community chat <LI itxtvisited="1">8 MP camera <LI itxtvisited="1">720p recording <LI itxtvisited="1">1080p output via HDMI port <LI itxtvisited="1">~9mm thick
  2. Releasing in July
Who to beleive?!?!:thinking:

I know what you

Upvote 0

4.3" AM-OLED
1Ghz Snapdragon
512rom + 16Gb built in
512Ram
No Keyboard
8Mp camera
Front facing camera
802.11n
3.5mm Headphone jack
BT 2.1 + EDR

Nope... not this phone..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones