*** Official Motorola Droid X Pre-Release Thread***

1. jradicle11

jradicle11 That Guy VIP Member

I wan't a front facing camera so I can take myspace pictures on my phone...
  2. ylexot

ylexot Well-Known Member

It would be using data for VOIP and video.
  3. androy

androy Well-Known Member

I know that higher megapixels doesn't necessarily mean a better picture. But wouldnt using a 1.3mp cam or whatever it is look like total shit anyways? I remember noticing a big difference between my old 1 or 2mp cams as opposed to my 3-5mp cams.
  4. Flying_Hellfish

Flying_Hellfish Well-Known Member

I was thinking about getting an incredible but we just talked with our Verizon rep and he said 2 new droid phones should be dropping next month and that maybe I should wait. I can only presume the Extreme is one of them?
  5. androy

androy Well-Known Member

That is the consensus so far.
    Flying_Hellfish likes this.
  6. jradicle11

Should be the Xtreme and Droid 2.
    Flying_Hellfish likes this.
  7. ylexot

ylexot Well-Known Member

Not really. You can only display ~0.4MP (480x800) on your phone, so you really don't need more from the camera.
    androy likes this.
  8. kwest12

kwest12 Well-Known Member

Hey guys, I'd hate to see this thread get as cluttered as the HTC Incredible pre-release thread.... If you weren't trying to follow that thread then let me explain: if you were away from it for more than 15 to 30 minutes without checking, you'd have to sift through about 2 full pages to see if you had missed anything. Consiquently this generate more "what did I miss" posts followed by "read before posting" posts and the cycle just continued.

^ Sorry for the diatribe, but I just want to point out that the erroneous off-topic posts may be better placed elsewhere in the forum.

Maybe if everyone can make an effort to decrease their off-topic chatter for a little bit and wait for more hands on info from maddigital, we can avoid spamming issues with this thread. :)

EDIT: I want to make sure people understand I'm not picking on anyone. I'm not even trying to pick out erroneous posts. Just trying to get everyone to think about the relevance of what they're posting to this thread's original purpose. Ok, now I'm done lol.
  9. maddigital

maddigital Member

Quadrant score: 1226
    kwest12 likes this.
  10. kwest12

WOW!! That's substantially better than the score that was graphed a little while back for the Shadow/Xtreme! One question, can anyone describe how to properly interpert quadrant scores (I can google... I'm looking for a dumbed down version).

EDIT: Well it's a little better, maybe not "substantially better" as I originally said... --->http://phandroid.com/2010/05/27/motorola-shadow-benchmarked-looking-pretty-zippy/
  11. eddie33081

eddie33081 Well-Known Member

Is that using 2.1 or 2.2?
  12. kwest12

13. eddie33081

eddie33081 Well-Known Member

Found the Info from his previous post:

""the update applied a heavier skin and when I say skin, its like a launcher wrapper but there are additional options in settings, very similar to features that are in leaked 2.2 for the droid1 but it is running 2.1update1"""

So it confirms the Xtreme is a beast that I must have!

Droid1 on ebay soon :)
    kwest12 likes this.
  14. jradicle11

This all makes me really curious about the Droid 2. With the Droid being Motorola's keynote device, surely they will make it as good if not better than the Shadow. Either way, I'm glad to see Motorola working its way out of that hole they dug for themselves.
  15. BigMace23

BigMace23 Well-Known Member

Over at HoFo, Bill23 said that "they are twins, nuff said"... this makes me think that they will have the same stuff inside, just different stuff outside (diff screen sizes, keyboard, etc.)
  16. ylexot

ylexot Well-Known Member

Since that was right after some discussion about processors, I think he was just referring to the processor (i.e. not camera, etc).
  17. 10splaya22

10splaya22 Well-Known Member

Yes I do but I never would use it. I would rather talk to them on the phone since thats what the phone is for. But I still don't think this phone is going to have one but it would be sort of cool i guess.
  18. irus

irus Active Member

Ok so you can take this for what its worth but I talked to someone in the know and this is what they told me

4.3" AM-OLED
    1Ghz Snapdragon
    512rom + 16Gb built in
    512Ram
    No Keyboard
    8Mp camera
    Front facing camera
    802.11n
    3.5mm Headphone jack
    BT 2.1 + EDR

So this is what I have heard from someone I would consider "In The Know". I hope this person is right :)
  19. irus

irus Active Member

Oh I almost forgot, this person said it would be late late june or early july :)
    kwest12 likes this.
  20. mahers

mahers Well-Known Member

Per HoFo insiders, some of these specs are contrary to what is being stated over there:

1. Tablet form-factor
    2. 4.1" TFT FWVGA screen
    3. Texas Instruments OMAP 3630 Processor
    4. 2MB built in memory
    5. Android 2.1, with soon-to-follow upgrade to 2.2
    6. Moto BLUR with updates such as BLUR community chat <
    7. 8 MP camera
    8. 720p recording
    9. 1080p output via HDMI port
    10. ~9mm thick
    11. Releasing in July
    Who to beleive?!?!:confused:
  21. irus

irus Active Member

I know what you
  22. maddigital

maddigital Member

Nope... not this phone..
  23. irus

irus Active Member

is the model number of your phone A955 or MB810 cause the one im talking about is the MB810
  24. jradicle11

That's the consensus but wouldn't you have been hearing things about the Droid 2 specs as well?
  25. maddigital

maddigital Member

and ...

"1Ghz Snapdragon"-- not snapdragon