• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Post your 4G(lol) data speeds (Atrix only)

What are you guys using for the speed test. I updated the Speedtest app and it stopped working 2 months ago. I tried the other (popular) one on the market and it was rouge (never slept when screen was off). I have not tried anything since then.

Im still using SpeedTest. Never stopped working for me. Maybe you should try reinstalling?

I however find this phone to be abysmal in terms of its speeds and never consistant.

I just did three tests on my phone with 4 bars showing and wifi turned off:

Test 1: Ping 117 Down 1176 Up 1675
Test 2: Ping 134 Down 1692 Up 1618
Test 3: Ping 125 Down 1902 Up 267

Two days ago I did two tests:

Test 1: Ping 141 Down 976 Up 143
Test 2: Ping 148 Down 318 Up 112

For S&G's I just did two with wifi on:

Test 1: Ping 23 Down 6361 Up 4115
Test 2: Ping 27 Down 4577 Up 4133

I like this phone a lot(for now) but between the crap that Motorola pulled, not seeing G-Bread on the horizon, and the capped speeds...Im in the market for something else.

Reactions: Roze
Upvote 0
Last 30 days:

1308516164411.png

Avg: download 2.49 Mbps, upload 1.19 Mbps

Upvote 0
Im still using SpeedTest. Never stopped working for me. Maybe you should try reinstalling?

I however find this phone to be abysmal in terms of its speeds and never consistant.

I just did three tests on my phone with 4 bars showing and wifi turned off:

Test 1: Ping 117 Down 1176 Up 1675
Test 2: Ping 134 Down 1692 Up 1618
Test 3: Ping 125 Down 1902 Up 267

Two days ago I did two tests:

Test 1: Ping 141 Down 976 Up 143
Test 2: Ping 148 Down 318 Up 112

For S&G's I just did two with wifi on:

Test 1: Ping 23 Down 6361 Up 4115
Test 2: Ping 27 Down 4577 Up 4133

I like this phone a lot(for now) but between the crap that Motorola pulled, not seeing G-Bread on the horizon, and the capped speeds...Im in the market for something else.

I think you'd be better off staying away from AT&T where you live. Those speeds suck.

Upvote 0
Mobile, AL
Download: 1998 kbps
Upload: 1099 kbps
Speedtest.net Mobile App
7:22 PM Sunday night
Full bars
I have the H+ symbol, but its only 3G as ATT does not have 4G here.

EDIT:
At 7:24PM I did another test with Mbps
Download: 3.00Mbps
Upload: 1.06Mbps

This post was before I knew that H+ is actually considered 4G from ATT. They have this and working on LTE to have two forms of "4G". Just wanted to clarify my post.

Upvote 0
I'm still getting any where between 2 meg to 5 meg down and normally a meg on upload with the Atrix.

I'll probably be switching to Verizon soon, my brother arrived this morning from the state of Washington where he has LTE with Verizon. So far he has LTE every where he has went in my area in IL. He will be ay my house later on and if he get's LTE out here I'll be switching carriers. He's averaging about 20 meg downloads and 3 to 4 meg uploads consistently.

Upvote 0
I'm still getting any where between 2 meg to 5 meg down and normally a meg on upload with the Atrix.

I'll probably be switching to Verizon soon, my brother arrived this morning from the state of Washington where he has LTE with Verizon. So far he has LTE every where he has went in my area in IL. He will be ay my house later on and if he get's LTE out here I'll be switching carriers. He's averaging about 20 meg downloads and 3 to 4 meg uploads consistently.

Damn, sick.

I was thinking of Verizon too. I'll probably hold out though. I've got two contracts with ATT and I'm an employee lol. I'm hoping AT&Ts HSPA+ will continue to get better as promised while they work to deploy LTE.

Upvote 0
I see people getting 2 to 5 meg down. I WISH I got that. I am in Mobile, AL and only getting between 1 to 2. It's H+. ATT considers this 4G according to their site, but it isn't fast enough in my opinion to be 4G. It's rather disappointing when Verizon is already at LTE and blazing fast speeds in Mobile.

I just re-signed my two year contract to get the Atrix and I've been an ATT customer for several years now. I have had no customer service issues with them unlike some people I know say they have. I would like to keep them, but they are really bugging the crap out of me with these ridiculously slow speeds.

Why is it that they are sooo far behind Verizon? Whoever decided the "route" to go with 4G and such should be fired. Ha.

Opinions?

Upvote 0
Unfortunate the Verizon LTE cuts off about 5 miles from my house and goes to 1X, so I'll stick with the Atrix and AT&T forever. AT&T owns the small town market for sure around me, Verizon won't move into my area.

Maybe this phantom Gingerbread update to the Atrix will help.

Damn, sick.

I was thinking of Verizon too. I'll probably hold out though. I've got two contracts with ATT and I'm an employee lol. I'm hoping AT&Ts HSPA+ will continue to get better as promised while they work to deploy LTE.

Upvote 0
Basically, let's just say that AT&T is terrible. I wish they would pick it up. Verizon is kicking their butt. I signed a new contract with them with the Atrix thinking they would improve their "4G network" and be awesome. Later, I found out that the Atrix isn't even LTE compatible, unlike what the salesman said. I was very disappointed, but the Atrix is still a cool phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones