Post your Android Desktop

1. Oyasumi

Oyasumi Active Member

the ginger god likes this.
  2. Tapani

Tapani Member

The Ginger God: Could you please share that background?

fckinfamos: What icon pack is that? Looks really simple and good. Very mac-like.
  3. the ginger god

the ginger god Well-Known Member

Its on this blog http://bit.ly/9QEiHL :)
    howetechnical and Tapani like this.
  4. Tapani

Tapani Member

Thanks man! A shame you can't download all the background images he has used so far, many of them look great.

EDIT: Oh man, just noticed that he does have a gallery of all his photos. Hurray!
  5. niteowl360

niteowl360 Well-Known Member

Another two to try might be

1. Taskos
    2. ColorNote

Haven't tried your's but these two seem pretty neat.
    I can't decide so am using a bit of both at this point.

Gives me an excuse if I haven't completed something on time!!! :D
  6. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

I've tried colornote a few months ago...didn't have the ability to check off items on the widget, nor was it scrollable.

I'll give taskOS To do list (Taskos by itself is a totally different app)

Since ToDo List Widget is a widget...it's a pretty simple to do list, since there's no alarm/notification settings. I want to ask the developer if he can import to do lists from other apps like gtaks, note everything or any other note/task app.
  7. Metusion

Metusion Active Member

[​IMG]

this is mine, but the screenshot app I used gave it a bleuish color.. It's supposed to be greener.
  8. karma2burn

karma2burn Well-Known Member

Nice. I really dig that. I just noticed that you were the one who responded to me earlier about my setup. Looks like we have the same aesthetic. I like the clean simple layout. Not a big fan of icon\widget clutter.
  9. Metusion

Metusion Active Member

Yeah your setup inspired me haha.. I dont like widgets on the screen either. Makes me dizzy. I now use 2 docks for most of the apps and folderorganizer to sort most apps in folders which I then link to the dock.
  10. karma2burn

You know what, it had never even occurred to me to put the folders for my app organizer as icons on my dock. I just did that and now I'm just down to two screens. Thanks for the great idea.
  11. Metusion

Metusion Active Member

Yeah folderorganizer is really practical. I created one dock icon called "apps organisor" which contains 4 folder in itself each with their own icons. This way I only have to use the dock and not put icons on the screen which will block the wallpaper. It makes the look a lot more clean and proffesional.
  12. karma2burn

Yep. What I also did was I had to replace some of the dock icons with the folder icons but for the ones I had to get rid like the camera or settings I just added a swipe gesture. Launcher pro is awesome.
  13. locus

locus Well-Known Member

Work in progress, for now....

Attached Files:

14. LadyBug_LaBate

LadyBug_LaBate Active Member

Ya I figured that out, thank you! Plus, I'm not Nick. Nick is my husband :)
  15. beenz

beenz Well-Known Member

My apologies :)
  16. PGP_Protector

PGP_Protector Well-Known Member

Also to attach / show images you can click on the "advance" tab, and then under the Submit Post button, there is a "Manage Attachment"'s button, with that, you can upload photos to this forum's server for viewing / sharing.

They will show up as a small thumbnail that you can click on to see the full size image.
  17. Cadamus

Cadamus Active Member

I really like the wallpaper, mind sharing, please?

Thanks!
  18. Rbenzango

Rbenzango New Member

Can any one tell me what Digital clock widget this is on this lock screen? i want it for my home page for my evo!

Thanks for the help
  19. n0ct3m

n0ct3m Well-Known Member

Home Screen:
    [​IMG]

Left Screen:
    [​IMG]

Right Screen:
    [​IMG]
  20. Metusion

Metusion Active Member

Very nice! Which clock and calender widget are you using?
  21. n0ct3m

n0ct3m Well-Known Member

Digital Clock Widget by Maize and Smooth Calendar
  22. niteowl360

Thought I would give the 'WM7 bandwagon' a quick attempt
    (actually it wasn't so quick) :)

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Think I may prefer my original though ...
  23. nathan312

nathan312 Well-Known Member

do you make your own Icons?
  24. niteowl360

The icons in the screen above are generally made up of various images and worked on in Photoshop to 'blend' into each other and placed onto the background image as an 'icon'

The dock icons were simply ceated using text in Photoshop and coloured accordingly. The 'semi-circle' was added together with the vertical lines and saved as a separate PNG transparent file for the Custom Dock.

The mini image below is made up from three separate images, the 'green' background, the wheel and the Mirror. These are then manipulated in photoshop to produce the desired layout.

Since Android allows easy replacing of icons with any PNG image, it is relatively easy to craete icons without using a dedicated icon pacage.

The Mini logo for example is the circular logo with a small dropshadow added at the bottom to give some depth.

Dropshadows always liven the visual appeal when used carefully.

The mini 'grill' was also added to the custom dock and painted in Photoshop to achieve the intended look.

The icon shapes I have created in the previous post, have a small dropshadow to give them a slightly feathered enhanced feel.

Hope this helps.

When in WM I created the Mini image as a backdrop for an analogue mini clock which I created. Looked really nice.

The shelves were added separately to seat the icons and the model of the Mini etc.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

davidr2340 likes this.
  25. beenz

beenz Well-Known Member

It looks like a custom ROM with a different font