• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[SGS3-R530M]BAKED Rom BlackBean-9 (6-27) [Unofficial]

The mms was sending & receiving just a bunch of lines of gibberish letters. Stock browser didn't let me go past the login on any page.

Are you using the stock MMS? So far, I still haven't had any trouble, text or pictures.
Stock Browser is the same trouble I reported, it uses the text box to login. So when text tries to be inputted, it crashes. Auto-compete still triggers it.

Update: Netflix
Cleared data, tried to login, crash...
Restored data, works fine.
When you login, it uses a webpage-like interface, it has the same crash issue that the browsers do. Searching in Netflix triggers it as well. They are connected. It is a text input issue with a few browsers that I have had a problem with. Everything else seems great. Really happy about the native tethering working.

Upvote 0
Are you using the stock MMS? So far, I still haven't had any trouble, text or pictures.
Stock Browser is the same trouble I reported, it uses the text box to login. So when text tries to be inputted, it crashes. Auto-compete still triggers it.

Update: Netflix
Cleared data, tried to login, crash...
Restored data, works fine.
When you login, it uses a webpage-like interface, it has the same crash issue that the browsers do. Searching in Netflix triggers it as well. They are connected. It is a text input issue with a few browsers that I have had a problem with. Everything else seems great. Really happy about the native tethering working.

Yeah the browser did the same thing on me. Just like netflix. Still gonna wait til its more stable.

Upvote 0
question bout the inverted gapps: do they update just like regular apps or are they separate apps that have to be reflashed in order to be updated because i like the apps but its a hassle to update them by flashing them when they are updated. the only app i really dont care about updating is the contacts app, i need inverted contacts, the original looks horrible no matter what rom its on so on blackbean it'll just look awful. i haven't tried bb8 but i wanna try when its completely done when you guys give the thumbs up, had some bad experience with other roms so now im hesitant about unofficial builds and nightlies.

Upvote 0
i dont know if anyone else agrees but what if this rom had a deep sleep option in settings, like during certain night hours it goes into deep sleep mode and shuts everything off on its own during those certain hours, it would save alot of battery during the night im guessing. im no developer and its just a thing i was wondering if anyone else agreed on?
its just a suggestion but the fact that the rom is blacked out saves alot of battery already so i dont know if this would help battery anymore??? what do you guys think, and sorry for the essay..... its fine if you guys say no, i just wanted to get some ideas out there

Upvote 0
i dont know if anyone else agrees but what if this rom had a deep sleep option in settings, like during certain night hours it goes into deep sleep mode and shuts everything off on its own during those certain hours, it would save alot of battery during the night im guessing. im no developer and its just a thing i was wondering if anyone else agreed on?
its just a suggestion but the fact that the rom is blacked out saves alot of battery already so i dont know if this would help battery anymore??? what do you guys think, and sorry for the essay..... its fine if you guys say no, i just wanted to get some ideas out there

That would be an interesting implementation.
Also, I can't get the inverted gApps to download. Broken link?

Upvote 0
Okay thank you. Also on room bb7 am having 2 problems i can send pictures but idont receive them i tried using diff messaging app and no luck. Also i cant send long distance text to mex any help?

Have you tried using Chomp SMS?

I know there's a bug in most 4.2.X ROMs to where you can receive MMS' but you can't send them.

Have you been putting the country number in? I know Americas looks like 1+XXX-XXX-XXXX

Upvote 0
I'm using the native one. No metropcs crapware on my phone, at all.

While I agree that most of the software from MetroPCS is worse than useless, the visual voicemail is worth it IMO. It is rebranded software that MetroPCS paid to use and I use it.
All other software from Metro can sit on someone else's phone for all I care.

Upvote 0
While I agree that most of the software from MetroPCS is worse than useless, the visual voicemail is worth it IMO. It is rebranded software that MetroPCS paid to use and I use it.
All other software from Metro can sit on someone else's phone for all I care.

Yup I agree. It works even better than the after market voicemail apps. I remember when it used to even translate our vm into text messages. I think that was only a promotional thing tho, oh well it's still good.

Reactions: mike28
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones