• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sprint Pre-Order and Release date discussion thread

When do you think the Sprint pre orders will start shipping?

• Monday June 11th

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Wednesday June 13th

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Thursday June 14th

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Monday June 18th

Votes: 19 40.4%
  • Wednesday June 20th

Votes: 24 51.1%

• Total voters
How do we know for sure that we're gonna get the SGS3 either on or a day (or two) before? Has Sprint divulged how many pre-orders to inventory it has? I've tried looking up the stats for Europe and Asia but, I can't seem to find out if ppl over there were having a hard time getting the phone.

I spoke with a customer service rep and she told me that - to be quite frank - she doesn't, nor do any reps, know when the phone will be shipped out. All she told me was to keep an eye out for an email update with regards to my purchase. I really hope the phones get shipped out on Monday or, at the very latest, Tuesday...I would really hate to think that I would have a better chance of getting my phone if I get to the store early instead of waiting for Mr. Postman!

One question: If, hypothetically, the phones don't arrive on or before the 21st and they are available at the Sprint Stores, then is it possible to credit the pre-order purchase in store towards the phone? Or, would I have to buy the phone in store and cancel my pre-order?

In case you can't tell, I'm very excited and ansy about getting this phone! Keeping my fingers crossed! :eek:

You don't nothing is for sure until its been released

Upvote 0
Ok my girlfriend just got back from Boston. They had there training on the device with the Samsung this Week. According to the Vice President of the North East Region All Sprint preorders will arrive on the 21st. The phones will start to ship on the 18th to customer depending on location. I am not sure what the confusion is here. Sprint has already stated the Launch date is on the 21st. You will get your phone on the 21st. It does not matter if they mail overnight or 5 day standard mail. You get it on the 21st. Oh and she said S-Voice works well The phone is smooth and looks nicer than the nexus and she loves the TecTiles. I am still not exactly sure how those things work but she is going to set her's up for her alarm.

Sounds like we would get it faster if we went the the Sprint store Thurs. moning. But at least we are guaranteed one.

Upvote 0
Ok my girlfriend just got back from Boston. They had there training on the device with the Samsung this Week. According to the Vice President of the North East Region All Sprint preorders will arrive on the 21st. The phones will start to ship on the 18th to customer depending on location. I am not sure what the confusion is here. Sprint has already stated the Launch date is on the 21st. You will get your phone on the 21st. It does not matter if they mail overnight or 5 day standard mail. You get it on the 21st. Oh and she said S-Voice works well The phone is smooth and looks nicer than the nexus and she loves the TecTiles. I am still not exactly sure how those things work but she is going to set her's up for her alarm.

This is what I expect. Samsung is controlling the launch of the Galaxy S3, and the only carrier that is not in step is Verizon, and that's because they're supposed to release it a week after the Samsung date.

When I saw my preorder said it could come early, I was doubtful. If it was a Sprint exclusive device, like the LTEvo (HTC Evo 4g LTE - Sprint's version of the One X - for those who do not follow the various slang that seems to evolve around the Evo line) can be shipped before release day, because it's Sprint pulling the trigger on shipping them. Sprint is being held to no earlier than the 21st by Samsung, or whatever factors go into picking the date.

Sounds like we would get it faster if we went the the Sprint store Thurs. moning. But at least we are guaranteed one.

True, it's possible you could get it sooner. However, if you want a particular color and/or a particular internal storage size, then you may not be able to get it on the 21st, at all. As mentioned before, the 32 GB models are sold out (both colors, if I am not mistaken). Which would mean that the stores would also likely not have any. Personally, I'd pick the guaranteed path and have to wait a few more hours for the delivery truck to arrive. I plan on taking the day off, anyways. The last time I had a signature package delivered, I wasn't home and they gave the thing to my neighbor and didn't tell me on the slip which neighbor they gave it to. It was frustrating, to say the least, calling customer service and tracking down which neighbor they gave it to.

Upvote 0
Well, the above posts make sense. It's Friday and I have no email with tracking number, so I will not be seeing it Monday. I just got my Spigen screen protectors so I'm ready when it arrives. I'm glad Apple lost what they "THINK" they had for a lawsuit. I am dying to get this new phone and trash my Evo 3D.

Upvote 0
This is what I expect. Samsung is controlling the launch of the Galaxy S3, and the only carrier that is not in step is Verizon, and that's because they're supposed to release it a week after the Samsung date.

When I saw my preorder said it could come early, I was doubtful. If it was a Sprint exclusive device, like the LTEvo (HTC Evo 4g LTE - Sprint's version of the One X - for those who do not follow the various slang that seems to evolve around the Evo line) can be shipped before release day, because it's Sprint pulling the trigger on shipping them. Sprint is being held to no earlier than the 21st by Samsung, or whatever factors go into picking the date.

True, it's possible you could get it sooner. However, if you want a particular color and/or a particular internal storage size, then you may not be able to get it on the 21st, at all. As mentioned before, the 32 GB models are sold out (both colors, if I am not mistaken). Which would mean that the stores would also likely not have any. Personally, I'd pick the guaranteed path and have to wait a few more hours for the delivery truck to arrive. I plan on taking the day off, anyways. The last time I had a signature package delivered, I wasn't home and they gave the thing to my neighbor and didn't tell me on the slip which neighbor they gave it to. It was frustrating, to say the least, calling customer service and tracking down which neighbor they gave it to.

You couldn't knock on your neighbors door?

Upvote 0
You couldn't knock on your neighbors door?

Yes, and I did. But I live in an apartment complex, so I have many neighbors. Most of whom were not home when I was going around looking for my delivery. And, as I said, the delivery guy didn't write down which apartment he delivered it to. I was quite angry. So I don't trust them to deliver my expensive phone to the right place if they couldn't even deliver a set of headphones to the correct place.

Upvote 0
Yep the warehouse it is coming from is Louisville Kentucky. I can also give people near me an estimated shipping time. I ordered 4 phones, 2 galaxy preorders, 2 Samsung conquers (family plan). Put in the order last Sunday night. Shipment (2 conquers) was ready to leave AND left Louisville Monday at 9:11 PM delivered to my house in Raleigh Tuesday 3:10 PM. So if you are in a raleigh or bigger sized town in mid to upper east coast: You will for sure get it 36-48 hours from shipped date/time

Upvote 0
Yeah its definitely possible you'll get it on a Tuesday at least with their Phone Replacemnt program through Asurion I have ordered a replacement device on SEVERAL occassion and I ALWAYS got it the next day so its definitely possible. Oh and I have done this with placing an order well into the evening, and still got it the next day before 3 o clock

Upvote 0
When I preordered the EVO LTE if you went to the UPS website and tracked by reference number and used your Sprint acct #, it would show a tracking number ready.

With my preorder of the S3, as of today I am showing nothing so its not looking good for even a Monday shipment. I also preordered from Sprint.com the first day and at the start so if I don't have the info above yet, I can't see many having one.

Upvote 0
Yeah its definitely possible you'll get it on a Tuesday at least with their Phone Replacemnt program through Asurion I have ordered a replacement device on SEVERAL occassion and I ALWAYS got it the next day so its definitely possible. Oh and I have done this with placing an order well into the evening, and still got it the next day before 3 o clock

My understanding is all phones will arrive on the 21st. I was just advised if you do somehow get it day early you wont be able to activate it until the 21st.

Upvote 0
Just an Update for everyone I just received an update on the phones. So apparently they received the phones in the warehouse on yesterday, and they are going to start shipping them out Monday. So just keep checking your email for your an update and your tracking number.

Well that's encouraging. Where did your info come from??

Upvote 0
My understanding is all phones will arrive on the 21st. I was just advised if you do somehow get it day early you wont be able to activate it until the 21st.

Sprint clearly says it will try to get it to us on or before the 21st. You can activate it if it comes before the 21st.

"If you pre-ordered a Samsung Galaxy S III, well do our best to get it to you before others get a glimpse on Thursday, June 21 and well send you an email the second it ships."

http://www.sprint.com/preorder

Upvote 0
I am thinking people are right about the monday and tuesday ship date.

I contacted the orders department at sprint. So after I dealt with my issue started talking to her about when the shipping is. She ofcourse never gave a clue, the usual "we will try to get you a glimpse before 6/21, blah blah blah." Before I hung up towards the end, I think she got tired and gave me a clue.

"Sprint does not ship in the weekend, so if I were you I would check your order status on Monday"

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones