• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sprint Pre-Order and Release date discussion thread

When do you think the Sprint pre orders will start shipping?

• Monday June 11th

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Wednesday June 13th

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Thursday June 14th

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Monday June 18th

Votes: 19 40.4%
  • Wednesday June 20th

Votes: 24 51.1%

• Total voters
Sprint clearly says it will try to get it to us on or before the 21st. You can activate it if it comes before the 21st.

"If you pre-ordered a Samsung Galaxy S III, well do our best to get it to you before others get a glimpse on Thursday, June 21 and well send you an email the second it ships."

all carriers are different.

Upvote 0
You are correct I was wrong. I have verizon because I like LTE so I only half listen when she speaks. All s3 preorders will come already activated activated. So it should already be in the system when you get the phone. She keeps hearing different things about the shipping. So if you get it before the 21st you should be able just to turn it on. All sprint phones are now pre activated not just the S3. I am not sure how that works you sprint users should know better. I am just passing the info along.

By saying the phone comes pre activated that would mean the phone you currently have would no longer work. I don't think Sprint phones come pre activated.

Upvote 0
By saying the phone comes pre activated that would mean the phone you currently have would no longer work. I don't think Sprint phones come pre activated.

I do not know how it works he just said " all new activations are delivered activated" Maybe that is different than pre-activated? I don't know how it works, he explained it but its to much to right. I presumed you guys having sprint would know what it means. This already activated devices allows you to use the device as soon as you get it, you don't have to wait for the 21st launch date if you get early. Maybe it just means its already programmed in the system on sprints end ready to go. Unlike Verizon where you have to enter ESN numbers and wait 10 minutes.

Upvote 0
I do not know how it works she just said " all new activations are delivered activated" Maybe that is different than pre-activated? I don't know how it works, she explained it but its to much to right. I presumed you guys having sprint would know what it means. This already activated devices allows you to use the device as soon as you get it, you don't have to wait for the 21st launch date if you get early. Maybe it just means its already programmed in the system on sprints end ready to go. Unlike Verizon where you have to enter ESN numbers and wait 10 minutes.

I'm not sure how Verizon does it, but with Sprint if you get the phone from Sprint, it will be ready to activate.

Upvote 0
Okay to answer everyones question about whether or not it comes pre-activated this is the answer. If you're opening a new account or adding an additional line it comes preactivated. If not and you already have service with them and are just upgrading your line then you will have to get it activated. ;)

Thank you that makes sence.

Upvote 0
Just ordered case and car charger for sgs3..... Samsung Galaxy S3 Accessories - Car Chargers, Cases and Covers first time I have ever ordered accessories for a phone I don't even have yet lol.....I'm 52 years old and feel like a kid in a candy store.

I hear you! I've bought about 200 bucks worth of accessories and software. Much of it was not GS3 specific but was nice to have. I bought a car dock, and fm transmitter to replace the ones that were stolen out of my car 3 years ago. I bought a Jawbone ICON and a solar powered charger that I found on sale at cellphoneshop.net. I hadn't planned on getting those but they were both on such a nice sale! 45 - 70 % off! And free shipping! I bought some cheap covers from ebay. I bought a couple of extra usb cables from monoprice, and some usb wall chargers to go with them from ebay. I've been meaning to get these for a while so I can have a set at work and a set at home. I'm tired of packing my cell phone cords for work every morning! I decided the NFC thing was interesting enough for me to buy some 1k mifare NFC tags, Tasker and NFC task launcher. I picked up screen protectors to finish off my shopping and now I'm just waiting for everything, including the phone itself to come to me. Did I go overboard? Yup!:eek:

Upvote 0
I hear you! I've bought about 200 bucks worth of accessories and software. Much of it was not GS3 specific but was nice to have. I bought a car dock, and fm transmitter to replace the ones that were stolen out of my car 3 years ago. I bought a Jawbone ICON and a solar powered charger that I found on sale at cellphoneshop.net. I hadn't planned on getting those but they were both on such a nice sale! 45 - 70 % off! And free shipping! I bought some cheap covers from ebay. I bought a couple of extra usb cables from monoprice, and some usb wall chargers to go with them from ebay. I've been meaning to get these for a while so I can have a set at work and a set at home. I'm tired of packing my cell phone cords for work every morning! I decided the NFC thing was interesting enough for me to buy some 1k mifare NFC tags, Tasker and NFC task launcher. I picked up screen protectors to finish off my shopping and now I'm just waiting for everything, including the phone itself to come to me. Did I go overboard? Yup!:eek:

Wow I don't feel so alone now thank you for sharing. Lol

Upvote 0
Just checked status of my pre order and now says phone is on back order. I contacted Sprint and was told everone that did pre order there status has been updated to back order because Sprint still does not have the phone. He also stated they will get them on June 21st and they will ship out on that date, and we will receive the phones on the 22nd or 23rd.

Upvote 0
Just checked status of my pre order and now says phone is on back order. I contacted Sprint and was told everone that did pre order there status has been updated to back order because Sprint still does not have the phone. He also stated they will get them on June 21st and they will ship out on that date, and we will receive the phones on the 22nd or 23rd.

I wonder if it is related to the same speculated reason the Canadian release dates got pushed?

I heard it was due to either a shortage in processors or QC issues with the back cover on the blue version.

Honestly I don't see either as a legit reason for delays.

Are all the units shipping out of a central Samsung distribution center, or will each carrier have their stock shipping out of their individual DCs?

Upvote 0
No screen protector have been reading about gorilla glass being pretty tuff and I'm really pretty careful with my stuff. How about you, are you getting one.

I am thinking about it, All my phones have had them. Gorilla glass is tough but its not scratch proof. I am just not sure what kind to get. I have always used ghost armor.

Upvote 0

Thats different from what I was told. They told me preorders automatically turn into backorder status if not shipped within a certain time and everything is still set for delivery by 6/21.

I think its just what CSR you get but preorders turning into a backorder is the same thing that happened when I preordered the EVO LTE so I am going by what my CSR said as I know this part if correct and expecting my phone by 6/21.

Upvote 0
First of all I wouldn't get a screen protector its just a waste of money for the Galaxy S3 and not only that but it makes the phone less responsive. Although it may not be much less responsive. Plus I've seen people do extreme guerrilla glass scratch test and the phone didn't get a single scratch so I wouldn't worry about it.

The order or a portion of the order is in backorder status. If the customer would like to select an alternate product or cancel the backordered item, transfer to Order Support.

Also as far as the preorders being on backorder thing goes what has happened is they are about to provide those phones with their tracking number and they have ran out their initial preorder allotment. But don't worry you'll still get your order before the 21st UNLESS you were one of the late "preorderers" if thats a word lol.

Reactions: Hunterbeav
Upvote 0
First of all I wouldn't get a screen protector its just a waste of money for the Galaxy S3 and not only that but it makes the phone less responsive. Although it may not be much less responsive. Plus I've seen people do extreme guerrilla glass scratch test and the phone didn't get a single scratch so I wouldn't worry about it.

Also as far as the preorders being on backorder thing goes what has happened is they are about to provide those phones with their tracking number and they have ran out their initial preorder allotment. But don't worry you'll still get your order before the 21st UNLESS you were one of the late "preorderers" if thats a word lol.

By late pre order what date is that. I did my preorder on June 7th would you consider that a late pre order. Thanks for the info on the gorilla glass test I did read its pretty tuff stuff.

Upvote 0
By late pre order what date is that. I did my preorder on June 7th would you consider that a late pre order.

No that would be a Few days ago, you'll be fine I would imagine. This is all due to the nature that Samsung is having issues

#1 with the pebble blue
#2 their Processor shortage
#3 Supply and demand

So apparently Sprint is not going to be getting the expected amount to match their preorders. This is also the reason Verizon won't be getting any until a later date. Plus on top of that having to balance the preorders out among the US carriers such as Sprint, T-Mobile, AT&T & US Cellular. Which all have their launch date around the same time.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones