• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon pre-order questions

I've gotten alot of info here from you guys. Thanks. Two questions. What is the date to be able to walk in to a store and pick up the Note3. Is it Oct. 10th or earlier. Second, the 6 gb you get with the edge plane. Is that only for my new phone or would I share that with other phones on my plan like the family plan? Thanks again!

Good question and welcome to Android Forums! It seems to me that the 6 GB Edge data plan is a single line plan, not in the Family Share bucket. HOWEVER: If I were you, I would call *611 and find out for sure.

Oh, and release date is CURRENTLY scheduled for October 10th. Since they generally ship pre-orders out early in order for them to GET in the customer's hands on launch day, it's possible - depending on how far away you live from a distribution center - to get the pre-order Note 3 on the 9th or MAYBE even earlier.

Reactions: weave45
Upvote 0
Will they be in the store about the same time as I prefer pick up. Delivery isn't that great in my apartment complex.

I have the same problem.

I tried preordering it at Best Buy today, but the guy told me they don't price-match on any phones, even off contract. They wanted $100 more than what VZ is selling it for.

I told them to go jump in a lake.

Upvote 0
That's how things always are on Verizon. Their GS4 came out a month after everyone else's did. Their HTC One came out 4 months after everyone else. :rolleyes:

The S3 & Note 2 were the same way, almost a month behind. This is just par for the coarse.

I have never understood the whole Best Buy is $100.00 more than Verizon stores, but it has been like that for some time now.

Upvote 0
BEST BUY's low price guarantee doesn't explicitly exclude off-contract phones, but, it does exclude contract phones:

Low Price Guarantee - Best Buy

If a phone (or any product @BB) has the "LOW PRICE GUARANTEE" emblem (check on-line or in-store), you're good to go.

It still wouldn't hurt to try a price match/low price guarantee,whether on or off contract, as YMMV.

I prefer to purchase via BEST BUY, as I like their insurance better than everyone else's, but, this time around, I think I'm gonna get my next phone from T-Mobile, on their JUMP program, as the insurance is included w/the monthly JUMP fee of $10.

Upvote 0
I have never run a phone deal through Best Buy. Nearest one to me is 40 miles away. For insurance and warranty though, I think I'll forego the Verizon TEC and go Squaretrade this time. It's all up front instead of monthly, but it's cheaper in the long run and no deductibles.

Folks, I know we're weeks away from having this thing in our hands but wow am I excited! My Nexus is really starting to annoy me: acting up, crashing, losing the live wallpaper & signal repeatedly... she's either getting really senile or she knows she's being put to pasture. This "rebellious" phone needs to be retired... SOON!

Upvote 0
I have never run a phone deal through Best Buy. Nearest one to me is 40 miles away. For insurance and warranty though, I think I'll forego the Verizon TEC and go Squaretrade this time. It's all up front instead of monthly, but it's cheaper in the long run and no deductibles.

Folks, I know we're weeks away from having this thing in our hands but wow am I excited! My Nexus is really starting to annoy me: acting up, crashing, losing the live wallpaper & signal repeatedly... she's either getting really senile or she knows she's being put to pasture. This "rebellious" phone needs to be retired... SOON!

Just remember Squaretrade doesn't cover you if your device is lost or stolen where Verizon's insurance does. Just something to keep in mind.

Reactions: The_Chief
Upvote 0

Having also come from the nexus, as I'm sure you remember (thanks again for all that help), if the 3 is anything like the 2, you're going to love it. If I wasn't a phone crack head, I'd have no issue with keeping the 2 longer. Keep being excited; it's totally part of the fun.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones