• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon says Contact HTC, HTC Blames Google, Google... *crickets*

I too am now seeing apps (e.g. Weatherbug Elite) that I couldn't find a few days ago.

Developers should be livid about this -- I haven't purchased any paid apps yet, and am hesitant to for fear of losing them in the next update; perhaps I'll wait for 2.x. And if I did, one thing worth considering, if you can't get any support from HTC, Verizon, or Google, is disputing the charge on your credit card. If you purchase something that is actively being blocked from use by the provider, I think there are good grounds to do so. I feel for the developers, but they'll need to press Google for the solution too.

I do wonder if this will get better; I heard there was a new version of the market in the works (or already part of the 2.0 market? Do Droids have the same issue?)

Upvote 0
Part of the blame lies on google, but I think just as much of it lies on the developer. We are able to sideload apps so why don't the developers allow people that have purchased the app to download it from their website? They could also remove the copy protection in general. The copy protection is a joke and anyone, with a little know how, can pull the apps from that directory. People that are gonna pirate apps will do so if they are copy protected or not.

Upvote 0
Dunno about you, but I want good apps AND good service for my good Eris smartphone so...
Here's a thought.
Let's send Verizon, HTC, and Google a message with our money.
Since we, as individuals have a certain "sphere of influence", how we act can affect in some way what happens...
Maybe, if we have the money, we SHOULD PAY for (or donate to the authors of) high quality apps TO ENCOURAGE those authors (and/or corporations) to create more/better future stuff.
If we don't have the cash, why then, let's go ahead and use the apps but be sure to tell others (some who might be able to pay) about it.
What I'm saying here is, while we have a somewhat limited influence, we can still affect life through our own personal action.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones