• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help When is it arriving??

Got mine. Feels a lot lighter than I expected.

Same here. I've held my friends iPhone 4 and 4ses (however you spell that) and they were heavy because of the glass I assume, but this feels just right. Solid but not heavy.

Do you ever accidentally hit the on screen navigation buttons? Coming from an iPhone, I have been wondering about this.

So far not even once for me and I haven't put it down for the past like 5 hours or so.

Upvote 0
It's hard to say cause I played with it without the SIM card in it since I had to trade my regular size sim for a micro sim at the AT&T store. So I played with it a lot basically on just wifi and airplane mode for the first probably two hours. Obviously it's going to last awhile under those circumstances. I'll report in tomorrow with how it is for sure though.

Upvote 0
Do you ever accidentally hit the on screen navigation buttons? Coming from an iPhone, I have been wondering about this.
Not yet. Although I have accidentally touched capacitive buttons from time to time on other [smaller] phones. It really depends how your holding it and the size of your hands. I've got average sized hands and I've been messing around with how I hold the phone just to get an idea of how to do so comfortably. I find the curved edges really help.

Upvote 0
I just got my shipped email with a tracking number. Weird thing is that they still haven't taken out the money from my bank. Should I call Google or just wait for it to pop up on my bank account?

I still haven't gotten my email tracking number. Also, my bank account is now not even showing the transaction as pending! I called and am waiting for a follow up email.

I would suggest you call if you are worried. They are generally very nice and it won't hurt to double check.

Upvote 0
Still nothing since my initial order confirmation on Tuesday, with the Play Store still showing a (now past) shipping date of November 15. I called Google again this morning. They asked if I had received a backorder e-mail. I said no. They claim that that is good news and that I should hear something by the end of the day (which is what I was told with respect to yesterday) -- the Google rep claimed she had gotten guidance yesterday that anyone who had not received the backorder email is not back-ordered and will be getting the phone. I don't care about the wait as much as I'm annoyed by the lack of good communication/updates from Google.

Upvote 0
I just noticed that the date my order was last updated was changed to today's date with the shipping date still being the 15th. I wonder if this is a sign that it will ship today.

Same thing happened to me. I called Google, was on hold for 15 minutes, and then when I asked about it all they could say was "I have no information at this time, but hopefully you'll get a tracking number next week". So glad I waited to hear that...

Upvote 0
Since placing my order on the 13th at 8:43 a.m. I have received only the order confirmation email . Google wallet still says pending with no further updates. No tracking email (but no backorder email, either). My email to Google customer service from their contact page is unanswered after 48 hours. The current hold time on the phone lines, according to the recorded message is "greater than 30 minutes".

I am underwhelmed. :hmpf:

Upvote 0
Still nothing since my initial order confirmation on Tuesday, with the Play Store still showing a (now past) shipping date of November 15. I called Google again this morning. They asked if I had received a backorder e-mail. I said no. They claim that that is good news and that I should hear something by the end of the day (which is what I was told with respect to yesterday) -- the Google rep claimed she had gotten guidance yesterday that anyone who had not received the backorder email is not back-ordered and will be getting the phone. I don't care about the wait as much as I'm annoyed by the lack of good communication/updates from Google.

Same story here. Perpetual limbo.

Upvote 0
Since placing my order on the 13th at 8:43 a.m. I have received only the order confirmation email . Google wallet still says pending with no further updates. No tracking email (but no backorder email, either). My email to Google customer service from their contact page is unanswered after 48 hours. The current hold time on the phone lines, according to the recorded message is "greater than 30 minutes".

I am underwhelmed. :hmpf:

That was the exact boat I was in until Friday morning when I received my Shipping email with my tracking number. I got one better, remember on day when it was released? I tried calling Google also to cancel 2 of the 3 orders I had miserably got suckered into because of all the errors only to be greeted by a message that said because of the over whelming demand of the Nexus 7 they can not pick up the phone so please try your call again later...Whatttttt? WTF!!!!!

This is the absolute worst, and I mean worst release I have ever seen in my life! This will most likely be the last time I order anything through the Play Store again as far as devices go. That pipe dream I had with Google being the next Apple as far as retail and all that goes is pretty much done. What a let down! All I hope is that the N4 was worth all this trouble, because if it wasn't it'll be getting packed up and sent right back to the hell hole it was shipped from. I'm very disappointed in Google right now, and not a single word from them at all. If Tim Cook can apologize for a company like Apple about maps, then surely Google should be Apologizing for this mess. Terrible!

Reactions: kcs7272
Upvote 0
Where should I check for the date change?

My Orders and Settings. In My Orders under Date the Nexus 4 now says November 17th instead of November 13th (when I placed the order). If I click on Info it still says the 13th though. The Shipping Estimate is still the 15th as well. A lot of people are reporting this and Google, as usual, has no information to offer.

Upvote 0
My Orders and Settings. In My Orders under Date the Nexus 4 now says November 17th instead of November 13th (when I placed the order). If I click on Info it still says the 13th though. The Shipping Estimate is still the 15th as well. A lot of people are reporting this and Google, as usual, has no information to offer.

Ok thx. Mine is still showing the 13th

Upvote 0
You're still in Limbo, correct? I'd take that as good news. Expect your Nexus Monday or Tuesday at the latest.

Yeah in limbo still. I'm figuring since I haven't received a tracking # or updates of any kind that it hasn't shipped yet and therefore I shouldn't expect it until the end of next week rather than the beginning. I hope you're right though!

Upvote 0
Same thing happened to me. I called Google, was on hold for 15 minutes, and then when I asked about it all they could say was "I have no information at this time, but hopefully you'll get a tracking number next week". So glad I waited to hear that...

According to the person I just talked to if your order says that it was updated today that means that it sent the shipping into to UPS. However, they are on a Mon-Friday deal with UPS so you probably won't get your tracking number until Monday but it may come before then.

So, again, according to this guy if your order was updated today that means it is about to ship and the update was simply their system sending your order info to UPS.

Upvote 0
According to the person I just talked to if your order says that it was updated today that means that it sent the shipping into to UPS. However, they are on a Mon-Friday deal with UPS so you probably won't get your tracking number until Monday but it may come before then.

So, again, according to this guy if your order was updated today that means it is about to ship and the update was simply their system sending your order info to UPS.

My guess is the date change from the 13th to the 17th is due to a second round of processing since the first batch has been shipped out. Hopefully this will lead to a second round of shipping starting Monday.

Let's hope the person you talked to and my theory hold true.

Upvote 0

And yet another thing that I can stare at while nothing happens...:rolleyes:
Throw me a bone Google! Give me something, anything...:thinking::D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones