• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

4.3 update Discussion and issues HERE !!!

I to am having the battery drain issues after the 4.3 update. I saw some users stated it could be a Knox issue. Know is showing in my application manager list but not in my app drawer so I believe it is not running. Two other suggestions were to format your sdcard with 4.3 and to do a factory reset. The phone is charging as we speak and I formatted the sdcard....and I am doing a factory reset soon too. I will report back. Thanks!

Upvote 0
My mom updated her Note 2 to 4.3 but now every time she gets in her car and it connects to her bluetooth it tries to call her own number. Then she gets weird errors like not being able to play music because she is "in a call". It persists until she restarts her phone. Any idea what could be causing this??

Update:
She tried unpairing her phone from her cars bluetooth to re-pair it and now it wont pair at all.

Upvote 0
If you like you phone as it is dont update, the 4.3 update adds a bunch of cool things but makes the UI butt arse ugly!!
Agreed... It also removed things too... :mad:

I had figured as much.
Do you know of a good thread with trusted links to restoring the Stock 4.2.2 ROM?
Im wondering how KITKAT will look now?
If looking for stock ROMs, check out Sammobile. As well as XDA for ODIN to flash it.

Got the notification of an update this morning, I swiped that s*** to the right to clear and kept it moving!
Smart move... :D

Reactions: DaytonKiwi
Upvote 0
I to am having the battery drain issues after the 4.3 update. I saw some users stated it could be a Knox issue. Know is showing in my application manager list but not in my app drawer so I believe it is not running. Two other suggestions were to format your sdcard with 4.3 and to do a factory reset. The phone is charging as we speak and I formatted the sdcard....and I am doing a factory reset soon too. I will report back. Thanks!
That's interesting, I have Knox in my app drawer, but not installed (it's a 154MB file I have to download/install). I left it well alone. All the other stuff is already giving me a headache. Don't want to add another layer to it... :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I did a factory reset after updating but it's still lagging.
Within settings or Android Recovery Console? If done through settings, maybe try using the Android Recovery Console.

Not sure what is causing your lag. Did you check the RAM usage? I know the first few times I played with it, it was high (left with about 200MB any given time). But after a few hard wipes, it seems to be a little better. But still sitting at around 400-500MB free RAM. I find I need to clear it more often than before now.

Upvote 0
My mom updated her Note 2 to 4.3 but now every time she gets in her car and it connects to her bluetooth it tries to call her own number. Then she gets weird errors like not being able to play music because she is "in a call". It persists until she restarts her phone. Any idea what could be causing this??

Update:
She tried unpairing her phone from her cars bluetooth to re-pair it and now it wont pair at all.

Moved your post here, since this is a 4.3 related question, you will get more help and results here, cheers

She might have to do a factory reset, once you take a large OTA update, it is always usually best to do a FR after the update, to clean out the system, she might need to do this, but wait and see what others say.

Upvote 0
Where can I find the android recover console?
To boot into Android Recovery Console, completely power down the device. Then press and hold the Volume Up, Home and Power buttons down altogether. When the Note II splash screen appears, only release the Power button while still holding down the Volume Up and Home buttons.

When you see the green guy appear, you can release the buttons. You will boot into the Console. To navigate, use the Volume Up and Down buttons to move up and down the menu. Use the Power button to select the highlighted choice.

If you do a factory reset, clear the cache first. Then do 3 hard resets back to back. Then reboot. I'm hoping this might clear the lag issue and give the update a cleaner slate. Here's hoping this works for you.

Upvote 0
Moved your post here, since this is a 4.3 related question, you will get more help and results here, cheers

She might have to do a factory reset, once you take a large OTA update, it is always usually best to do a FR after the update, to clean out the system, she might need to do this, but wait and see what others say.
Also if a factory reset is required, make sure a proper backup is done first as this will wipe everything off the device.

Upvote 0
I will be keeping 4.3 on my Note 2 and going to live with it's butt ugly UI, notifications and what not. Will forego the handwriting and go more with Swype. Also setup a row in the homescreen for the shortcuts that used to reside on the swipe lock screen as a work around. As for S Voice, I'll miss playing with the open S Voice command (especially with "My Precious"; it was fun and a good stress reliever).

Those that have battery drain, do you have any sensors turned on? I noticed my battery take a nose dive the moment I started using some motion features, smart stay and other things during my testing. At the moment, I've turned a few things of those off (that I don't really have a need for) and see how things settle.

I think I only got 3 hours screen time and was down to 20% after heavy usage with data (LTE about an hour) and Wi-Fi (doing massive downloads and installs). But overall runtime of about 15 hours. Good news for me is that the move to SD allows me to keep apps and not resort to uninstalling and reinstalling to constantly free up internal storage. I've practically doubled the amount of apps I can use and play with. That is the only reason I am keeping 4.3.

Well, trial run is over and I'll be doing another hard reset and fully configuring it.

Reactions: almath
Upvote 0
The battery drain problem is what I also am facing but it is because of the auto wake up of the display after 4.3 update... Couldn't figure out why
That's interesting.

The only time I had this occur was when I had quick glance active in the motion settings. The screen kept going off and on like it was going crazy. But it was more from where it was situated and how I was positioned. I guess it picked my position as trying to reach for the phone to do a quick glance. Needless to say, I quickly turned that feature off.

Upvote 0
To boot into Android Recovery Console, completely power down the device. Then press and hold the Volume Up, Home and Power buttons down altogether. When the Note II splash screen appears, only release the Power button while still holding down the Volume Up and Home buttons.

When you see the green guy appear, you can release the buttons. You will boot into the Console. To navigate, use the Volume Up and Down buttons to move up and down the menu. Use the Power button to select the highlighted choice.

If you do a factory reset, clear the cache first. Then do 3 hard resets back to back. Then reboot. I'm hoping this might clear the lag issue and give the update a cleaner slate. Here's hoping this works for you.

I already did a factory reset. Can I just clear the cache?

Upvote 0
I will be keeping 4.3 on my Note 2 and going to live with it's butt ugly UI, notifications and what not. Will forego the handwriting and go more with Swype. Also setup a row in the homescreen for the shortcuts that used to reside on the swipe lock screen as a work around. As for S Voice, I'll miss playing with the open S Voice command (especially with "My Precious"; it was fun and a good stress reliever).

Those that have battery drain, do you have any sensors turned on? I noticed my battery take a nose dive the moment I started using some motion features, smart stay and other things during my testing. At the moment, I've turned a few things of those off (that I don't really have a need for) and see how things settle.

I think I only got 3 hours screen time and was down to 20% after heavy usage with data (LTE about an hour) and Wi-Fi (doing massive downloads and installs). But overall runtime of about 15 hours. Good news for me is that the move to SD allows me to keep apps and not resort to uninstalling and reinstalling to constantly free up internal storage. I've practically doubled the amount of apps I can use and play with. That is the only reason I am keeping 4.3.

Well, trial run is over and I'll be doing another hard reset and fully configuring it.

Apps to SD is what I am looking forward to and Galaxy Gear compatability..

Upvote 0
Um this update notification is relentless...
And you can't turn it off (unlike some of us who can)... :mad:

Just a thought, maybe clear the cache and force stop software update app? I don't think you can disable it, but maybe give you a grace period before it bugs you again. Not sure how some one in your situation can totally disable the automatic update.

Upvote 0

Sooo tempting :)
I think I will still probably update when it "finally" gets to us in the UK, the things that Neo has reported missing or changed wouldn't really affect me to any great extent and it looks like any bugs seem to get ironed out with a factory reset etc..
Its great that we have this thread to help with issues, thanks to you guys for the input.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones