• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 404 / Database errors / Random Users and Staff unable to post in random forums & threads

Reactions: olbriar
Upvote 0
@Phases,
I've noticed that the most common theme preventing moderator actions on threads revolves around the last post in the thread. In cases where there is only one post (the majority of the duplicates) the OP is both the first and the last post.

In this thread I was able to merge the many duplicate threads into a single thread.
http://androidforums.com/threads/sprint-note-ii-cannot-flash-new-rom-now-stuck-in-cwm.929934/
I was able to delete all of the other posts, including the OP (since restored) except the last post in the thread. When the member posted another dupe I was able to merge that in and then delete what was previously the last post with no problem but was unable to delete the new last post to the thread.

I hope that makes sense.

Upvote 0
I was able to delete some dupe threads, but I got an error every time. When I'd go back to the thread list they would still be selected (yellow) but some or all would be deleted. I was able to repeat until all the dupes were gone. That was a little earlier.

As far as deleting the last post of merged dupes it is still acting the same. The only one of four threads where I was able to delete the final duplicate post was where someone had replied making the last dupe no longer the last post.

Upvote 0
@Phases,
I've noticed that the most common theme preventing moderator actions on threads revolves around the last post in the thread. In cases where there is only one post (the majority of the duplicates) the OP is both the first and the last post.

In this thread I was able to merge the many duplicate threads into a single thread.
http://androidforums.com/threads/sprint-note-ii-cannot-flash-new-rom-now-stuck-in-cwm.929934/
I was able to delete all of the other posts, including the OP (since restored) except the last post in the thread. When the member posted another dupe I was able to merge that in and then delete what was previously the last post with no problem but was unable to delete the new last post to the thread.

I hope that makes sense.
Another example of this.
http://androidforums.com/threads/heres-how-to-share-gtasks-with-another-person.929975/
I couldn't like the OP in that thread until after I responded.:wtfdroid:

Upvote 0
just restarted services for good measure. (because when I posted that ^ it hung :\ )

Edit: so far seems so good for me. Mods pls confirm.
so far so good....I went back to 2 threads from 2013 in the AQ forum and had no problem deleting them.

Edit: and then more waiting in reports...
Nice!
Thank you!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
just restarted services for good measure. (because when I posted that ^ it hung :\ )

Edit: so far seems so good for me. Mods pls confirm.
Mikey cleaned up the old dupes, so I can't test that. Everything else seems much better though, and I'm not finding dupes everytime I open new posts, so I think you got it.

Upvote 0
getting the lag again (the chicklets bit) when posting, sending pm's, hovering over my alerts...server errors.

Edit: after hitting the "post reply" button for my post, it took 20 seconds to post
I just has an instance of this too. Seems to have resolved itself momentarily.

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones