• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

A N D R O I D - F O R U M S: Welcome All Newbies! It's the First Annual Newbie Appreciation Week!!

Rico ANDROID

Android Expert
Mar 10, 2011
In Cell Phone SIMetery
It has been suggested to show appreciation for Android Forums NEW MEMBERS (I totally agree) by starting a few days where we oldfolk can get to meet our newest members and share some AF welcomes and suggestions.

Even though "Show Sum Luv Month+1 day" is behind us... Lets expand just this once to include those that keep Android Forums T H E place to be! After all, if it werent from new members.....

Android Forums welcome our newest members!
(if you became a new member over the last 30 days, Introduce yourself!)
picsay-1330611961.jpg

Someone should let our people greeters know so they can link our new members here. I only grab a few intro posts a day when I come across them in unanswered threads. I think it would be great for new members to see a thread like this. I know in the other appreciation weeks mods and guides (whose ranks I have since joined) interacted with us and bantered back and forth a little. At the time for me it was good to see the lighter side of AF and made me a lot more comfortable posting in the forums.

Upvote 0
I have to say it was definitely fun watching all the newbies join up to post in the GNex mega-thread. I challenge you to find another tech forum of ANY kind as friendly and supportive of them as AF is. And now we are giving them a whole WEEK of appreciation (the same length as the Admins, Mods, and Guides got by the way). Class act AF!

Upvote 0
I should have mentioned this in my first post. Thank you to all the new members and to the population in blue.

I had been a new member from my join date in June 2010 and had a single post up until January 2012 (btw, 25 posts makes you a junior member so I kept my blue new member badge for 18+ months). You have joined the friendliest Android community I have found.

Upvote 0
Welcome all newbies, there are probably a ton of you. But I hope you know we are all glad to have you here and always willing to help whenever you need it. If you joined recently, you will soon figure out that AF is full of some of most helpful, awesome people on the planet.

If any of you lurkers are reading this, I was once just like you. Don't be afraid to join and ask questions or join in on the discussions.

Upvote 0
I was a newbie. I was attracted to this place by the thread on the Droid Incredible. Some of you may remember that epic thread. It was the record holding thread before the advent of the Galaxy Nexus more epicker thread. :p

I wasn't immediately liked. I talked a lot and posted a lot. Some veterans thought I was kinda coming on too strong. They got over it. :p

Welp, here I am. Feeling like an old newbie.

I kinda like to encourage newbies to sign up and post a lot. :p

Upvote 0
I wasn't a newbie. I was attracted to this place by the thread on the Droid Incredible. Some of you may remember that epic thread. It was the record holding thread before the advent of the Galaxy Nexus more epicker thread. :p

I wasn't immediately liked. I talked a lot and posted a lot. Some veterans thought I was kinda coming on too strong. They got over it. :p

Welp, here I am. Feeling like an old newbie.

I kinda like to encourage newbies to sign up and post a lot. :p

Yeah, I seem to remember my first post as a brand new newb being responded to by this guy... 3000+ posts later, I guess I got the point ;)

Upvote 0
I am in the wrong place. lol Glad you made a thread celebrating all the "newcomers" which I prefer to call them.:)

I always refer to new Android adopters here as new members. I remember when I could be outwitted by a fence post regarding Android. I only use the noob term when I reference myself. Noob is not a negative term so I hope no-one thinks we think less of you b/c of that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones